Infinity TSS-450 speaker system - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Seam Dempsy, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Seam Dempsy

Seam Dempsy Stunt Coordinator

I originally was going with the Polks RM6700 but at $200 cheaper the Infinity looks much more enticing(with a higher-powered sub) and would be much easier for me to pay. I also doubt I would really notice the difference between the systwms since my room is only 10X10 and Ive had but Tv-10 WATTS my entire existence. I also discovered that the Infinitys come with wires which also saves me quite a bit. But I would like to know of any known problems with the said system. thank you.

POLK RM6700

Infinity TSS-450

2. Seam Dempsy

Well, seeing as there was no mass knowledge of known problems as I would of probbaly encountered with the mention of BOSE. I can infer that I was to the extent of my knowledge intelligent in making the decision to purchase the Infinity System. I actually got the full system(wires, sub, 4 sattelites, center channel and JVC 5.1 reciever) for only $540. $360 less than what I was looking at with the Polks. And it was financed through Sony who I financed my TV with making it one easy payment.

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

So....what do you think of them??

4. Seam Dempsy

I ordered them online so I might get them Sat. but I probably will not get them until Monday. I'll be sure to post a review of sorts here when I do test them out with the TTT:EE.

5. john seitz

john seitz Stunt Coordinator

ok hold

I'm looking at the same speakers the Infinity 450 (and the 750's but a little too much $$$) and the new Polk RM6750

For typical TV watching (would like to be able to hear dialog) and movies!

I have a Panasonic XR50 which I love - and had a set of Athena F2's (big tall towers with dual 8's --- which my cats killed so I'm looking some sats - would also look at the AM10's but well they are BOSE

So any help would be good :)