Infinity Sub Setup

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Louisp, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    Help!

Just purchased a new Infinity Entra Two Sub, 250W, 12". I have a HK AVR 525 and use Infinity Entra Three Towers as Fronts and Surrounds, Infinity Entra Point Five's as Surround backs, Infiniity Entra Center Two and the Entra Two Sub.

Please tell me the best switch setting for the subwoofer and HK 525 software for the sub.

Thanks,

2. Shannon S.

Shannon S. Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I have the same sub. I set all of my speakers to small on the receivers internal bass management. On the back of the sub, I set it for LFE. I believe that the sub should be set at its lowest crossover setting on the back of the sub, just listen for what sounds best, also, do the same with the subs volume, you do not want it to sound too boomy. Mine does not even with the volume turned all the way up. BTW, I hook the sub up through the receivers line in with a sub cable.

3. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    What receiver are you running? I have to turn the volume on the sub to max to get any output. Infinity had me set it to normal and use the splitter, the phase is switched to 0. The HK is set to global and l/r + lfe. The speakers are set to small with crossovers - l/r 100, center - 80, surround 100, sub 100.

Your comments please.

4. Shannon S.

Shannon S. Stunt Coordinator

I am using a Yamaha receiver. Most of your speaker management should be adjustable within your receiver. Toy with the menus until you find one for speaker management. Make sure that the settings have subwoofer turned on and those receiver settings and the receiver set for lfe. There should also be a volume setting for each of the channels, make sure that this is turned up. If your center is set to -80 your movie dialogue will suffer, you may want to turn that up.
    The owners manual for the sub says that if you have the lfe setting on on the back of the sub, then the subs onbord crossover is turned off and the receiver controlls the crossover.
    also, unless you have the other speakers set to small, only the lowest bass will go to your sub (lfe) and that is why some believe that their subs are not loud enough.

5. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    Thanks for the info. I think that you have one of my numbers mixed up. the 80 is the cross over hz for the center not volume. If I'm mixed up on your comment let me know. Re: all small. are you saying that I should set the fronts to small even though they are towers?

Thanks for your help. Oh, in my HK, the sub is set to global(lfe), on the sub, the switch is set to normal.

Again, thanks,