What's new

Infinity Speakers with HF and LF Terminals? (1 Viewer)

jmkratt

Auditioning
Real Name
John K
Hello.

I received a pair of old Infinity Speakers for my home theater that have both LF and HF terminals. I had been running 2 sets of speaker cable from the Receiver to the Speakers, 1 from the Speaker A channel to the LF and 1 from the Speaker B to the HF terminal. I had wanted to add a 2nd group of speakers in the basement and run it off the same receiver if possible, but I am unsure if A) this is possible, even with a speaker selector, and if so how to do it; B) How to combine both Infinity speakers to one channel, if that's possible.

I went to Radioshack and the guy tried to get me to buy a $2000 reciever. I am hoping I can accomplish this without a new receiver but am in over my head! Can anyone offer any suggestions? Please let me know if I need to provide more information! Thanks

jmkratt

Auditioning
Real Name
John K
Will I blow my speakers if I just run 2 sets (1 for HF and 1 for LF) of cable from the left speaker to the left channel of speaker A, and 2 sets from the right speaker to the right channel of speaker B? If that makes sense?

chuckg

Supporting Actor
You don't even need to run two sets of cables. Run one set, and connect the speaker end of the cable to BOTH the HF and LF terminals. just strip back an unusually long amount of insulation, if the terminals are near each other, or run a short "jumper" wire across. Of course, you want to hook red to red, and black to black.

Save the 2 grand!!

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I should add that both Infinity speakers should be connected to the Speaker A set. The speaker on your right will have both HF and LF connected to Speaker A Right. Similarly, the speaker on your leftwill have both HF and LF connected to Speaker A Left.

The downstairs speakers will go to the Left and Right channels of the Speaker B set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks