What's new

infinity speakers...opinions please (1 Viewer)

Matt:Brunmeier

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, the center sits on top of the RPTV so it's got open air all around it. It's not vented so It doesn't seem like that would be a problem, unless it's actually recessed. You definitely don't want it set back in a cupboard or something.

I use the samsung DVD-HD931 and optical audio out to the 2805. There are some special settings you need to get going in this particular player to get the Dolby 5.1 working correctly, but it isn't too tricky.

hxxp://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=DVD-HD931%2fXAA

I used the automatic configuration with the mic that comes with the receiver and it worked beautifully. I tinkered a little bit with the low pass frequency and the level that it had the sub at (I turned the sub up because I like it louder) but all other channels including the center came in perfectly, it even compensated for my rears being a little bit unevenly spaced (such were the dimensions of the room, stupid sliding door got in my way :frowning:)

Daryl_hawk

Agent
Matt - I will definitely have to pull the center out and may put it on top of one of the fronts and test it in that position.

Matt, I was wondering if you would be willing to perform a small test? If so, go into the menu system on the 2805 and disable the room eq feature so that there all frequencies should be flat (also make sure the tone controls are set to flat) and see what kind of a difference it makes. It should then be a fairly close match to my receiver. I would be interested to hear your results.

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
Get your speaker out of the cabinet and at the very least set it either on top of the TV or below it. Get a couple of angled rubber door stops and angle the speaker cabinet so the speakers are angled directly towards where you sit in the sweet spot. This alone should make a significant improvement.

Daryl_hawk

Agent

Actually, the 37c centre is pretty cool. It has an adjustable rod at the back to angle it as you mention. I already had it angled so hopefully today I will try pulling it out to see if there is a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks