1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

infinity retailers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Petty, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

is there anyone else that sells infinity speakers besides circuit city and crutchfield?

2. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

You will find tons of deals on the net if that is in your MO. Ubid (not considered the best place to buy) Always has any speaker from the IL seriec. Same for Ebay.

3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

If you are willing to do business with Ubid, they are practically giving away Infinity Interludes.

4. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

I have bought some from them - I added the IL40s to make my 7.1 Interlude setup. Fast shipping and arrived perfect (they are a pretty large speaker). They were cheap!!! Even with shipping and tax.

5. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

In case anyone was wondering the Interludes have been discontinued for the last 3 months. They are going everywhere for great prices. They are being replaced by the Infinity Alpha's which are more efficient (needs half the power or 3 db). They also look nicer. That's it folks.

6. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Well looking better is a matter of opinion. My IL60s look outstanding and the powered sub is real nice. Looks like they have not decided to keep the sub in the IL50-60 equalivants. They are also shorter as well.

I am interested in the Di-pole Bi-Pole speaker though. Thanks for the info.

7. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

That's right Rodon. I forgot to mention the dropping the powered subs. That was pretty big too. Yes, looks are an opinion.

8. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Looks like they may be wider? They dropped the foot they had before. I know it broke alot during shipping. I had to replace both of mine. Infinity wanted $40 each since I did not buy my IL60s from a reteailer - I thanked her for even selling them to me - she then said she would do buy one get one free on them. The customer service of Infinity is top knotch.

I really need to see the new series - I like the way they look - the tallness of my IL60s next to my 36" Wega makes them look slimmer - wich I like.

What do you think about those new bipole dipole setup speakers? Would they work well in a 7.1 front surround setup. I really do not know much about them.

I am about to hang my IL10 front surrounds but may want to consider these as an option.

9. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Info on the Alphas?

10. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Dad is giving me $500 to buy new center/surrounds. Considering I have infinity studio monitor mains (not very good..too directionaly, otherwise sound superb though...), I figure I'll get some infinity speaker center and surround.

i wanted dipole surrounds...and a decent center to fill 10x15 room. I don't think I can do it in price range but I'll have to try...and considering the stuido monitors arne't video shielded maybe I just have to scrap them....they are sweet singing but too directional!!!

We are getting a 50" 4x3 hdtv in the living room and I agreed to pay for most of it, set it up, plug surround sound into it....if he isn't impressed he will get the set returned.

I have a job ahead of me.. =/

-ELmO