Infinity PS 12 vs. Infinity CSW10???

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by David^Crot, Feb 1, 2005.

1. David^Crot

David^Crot Auditioning

Hello everyone and thanks for any feedback in advance. Ok, heres what I am looking at: First I just bought a new Harman Kardon AVR235 and a set of Infinity Primus250 towers for the front, now I am looking for a sub to go with this gear. In my price range I am looking at two different subs, the Infinity PS12 and the Infinity CSW10, 12" vs. 10"... so My room is approximately 23'x 18', not huge but not extremely small. Looking at the two subs as far as specs go, looks like the CSW10 might be my better choice since it has a little lower frequency response and has more power than the PS12. A little history as to why I am asking for advice, I am replacing a Klipsch KSW10, which was OK, but didn't rumble as much as I would have liked. Musically, it was nice... but when it came to movies it seemed to bottom out alot. So I guess I am just scared that buying another 10" to replace my KSW10 might not be the right thing to do, but with the CSW10 it looks like alot nicer sub???

HELP!!!

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Did you take a good look at the specs between the PS12 and CSW10? I imagine the csw10 would kill it even though its 10". It has a better driver (CMMD - Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) and better 650w amp and can go down to 22hz. The PS12 has a variation of the CMMD driver called MMD (Metal Matrix Diaphragm) and 300w amp that bottoms at 25hz. The csw10 should sound real good when you EQ it with infinity's RABOS kit. The csw to is also msrp $999 with the ps12 at $450. Also look into the sw12 and alpha 1200s.

3. David^Crot

David^Crot Auditioning

Yeah, I was thinking that the csw10 would probably be the way to go, another thing in my buying decision is I won't be paying anywhere near the retail prices on either of those two units. I just want a sub that will rumble pretty well on a movie, and with my past 10" sub I wasn't too impressed..., just didn't want to make the mistake of buying another 10" and not be happy with it.

4. KevinR

KevinR Auditioning

I have that same Harman Kardon receiver and ordered that sub about a week ago. I should be receiving it in a day or two. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with it or advice on setting up the RABOS. Thanks.