Infinity Perfects? are they a joke?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geno, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

I keep seeing these Infinity Perfect 12" that "claim" to hit 18HZ.

Questions:

(1)are these made for close proximity listening, such as in a car?

(2)If I were to use these at home, would they be better for a sub or mains?

(3)comparing to the ~$155.00 on ebay price, what other drivers match or outperform these drivers.

Any other advice on speaker selection would be appreciated. Im starting some DIY projeccts and dont want to waste any of this great Christmas $$.

Thanks

2. ryan davis

ryan davis Stunt Coordinator

The perfects are car audio subs. They are pretty nice subs, but only handle around 400 watts rms or so. A lot of people were blowing them for awhile because of putting to much power on them. They are definately a sub only driver, and they wont get all that loud at 18hz. Id look into the image dynamics idq series. I currently use one 15" in my car, 2.5 cf ported to 23hz. Great response, and one of the best sounding subs ive owned. They can be had for $100-150 off ebay. I used it in my house for awhile to break it in before tuning the box. It did everything just right, shook the house, sounded nice, and got LOUD! I paid a total of $150 for the driver and all the materials to make the box.

3. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Well I am planning on these for my home not my car. If I was to make the12" into a sub I would only need one. then would matching 10"s be good for the mains?