What's new

Infinity (New) Kappa Speakers...Thoughts! (1 Viewer)

Trilo A

Auditioning
Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with these new Infinities.

They look beautiful and should sound great. I like the new Infinity sound (CMMD Drivers) but have not heard these. I have a friend that can get them wholesale for me at about 35% off list. I was thinking about the 600's, Center, and 4 200's for the rear. Just let me know what you guys think fo what you have heard or seen.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Historically, British audio reviewers have usually preferred warm sounding equipment, so it's no surprize they didn't particularly like these Infinitys. A review of some Boston Acoustics a couple years ago by another British magazine said something to the effect that "they were another typically brash American design".

LJ

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I looked at these guys as well. There is another review floating about too, that wasn't that complementary as well (DVD Etc maybe). I was disappointed in that they are good looking speakers. But then my conclusion was that maybe they didn't pay enough attention to sonics. I went with Mirage OM-7's.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Being speakers you need to listen for yourself, but I personally really like Infinity speakers. DVD Etc. may have done multiple reviews, but at least one of them was so glowing that Infinity uses it on their Web site: look at resources box.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks