Infinity Kappa 7.1 speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by dougW, Jul 19, 2003.

1. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Infinity Kappa 7.1 3 way loudspeakers. black finished wood, excellent 9/10 condition, no visible wear or damage. Biwirable 5 way binding posts, grills in excellent shape, manual. no original box, but will pack well.

These speakers have an interesting adjustable tweeter control, to assist in matching to other speakers.
    3 way speaker with Emit-R tweeters, Polydome mid-range, 10" bass woofers, quality wood cabinet construction.

While I don't have the original boxes, I will pack them carefully for shipment in boxes I purchased locally.

[​IMG]

buy with confidence from reputable web businessman with verifiable character. Prefer money order, but paypal ok to my personal paypal account.

I will be listing these other places soon, so if you want them, act fast before they go to another listing.

Price 1250 + shipping OBO, new were close to 2K. Low hours. These speakers will require solid amplification for full sonic benefit from an audiophile grade speaker that will totally rock your world for home theater or music, and without the grills, they make a real visual statement that these speakers are serious about audio! Difficult to beat for less than 5K new price. Infinity does not build speakers like they used to when these were new in 1998. That's a real shame.

thanks,
    Doug

2. JoshSB

JoshSB Extra

I happen to have the Crescendo 3007 myself. These speaker are great. Only thing is they are wood grain and not black. look kinda funny next to 65" HDTV.

Wanna know something funny. I have the crescendo center which is black and matches perfectly with those kappas. Bump for infinity speakers. i sold a lot of the kappa 6.1s at circuit back in 98. before that the cs3006 bookshelfs. The 7.1s Kappa II are awesome speakers and you are definately right. The overture series that followed the kappas sucked. Broken legs left and right, speaker grills that just fall off lol. THey tried that powered woofer deal. I didnt like em half as much as the kappas and its predecessor. God, im glad i dont work for circuit anymore lol

I hope you find a home for them soon.

3. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Josh. I really don't want to sell them, but I'm at the end of my rope on space here, I have to make some space, so I am making some hard decisions on moving some items.

New lower price of 1250.00 Looking for a buyer before going another sale route soon, how about it?

Doug

4. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Bump for Kappa Speakers!!!
    I had the 5.1 & the 8.1 with the matching center for a KILLER HT setup.
    Good luck selling them for $

5. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

thanks Chris, your bump means a new lower price, 1199. Somebody need great mains? Come on! Don't make me take these to Audiogon, please! [​IMG]

Doug

6. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

1150 plus shipping now OBO.

Lex

7. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    Doug,

These were the first high end speaker that I heard. I lusted after these speakers ever since I heard them several years ago. Someone would be very lucky to add these to their home theater. Best of luck.

Somebody needs to buy these. They truely sound better than anything around this incredible price he is offering them for!

Jeff Aguilar

8. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

thanks Jeff, they are great speakers. Maybe I shouldn't cut these loose. But I need the space. So, down to 1100 plus shipping.

Doug

9. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Final price cut 1000.00 plus shipping.

Thanks for your consideration. [​IMG]

Doug

10. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

While these are on a popular classified/auction site now for 995, I'm cutting to 1000 shipped for HTF members. That's about 925 plus shipping.

Did I mention that these have adjustable tweeters and mids for personal mixing pleasure? That the Emit-R tweeters have protection circuits built right in? That the 10" bass woofers with an amp of 200 watts or more will practically displace the need for a subwoofer??? (depending on how much bass you like)

These are FULL range 3 way speakers. You can't buy a better 2 way for a grand, let alone a 3 way with adjustable crossovers.

Don't wait, jump on these now and enjoy true audiophile sound for less than a grand.

Doug