What's new

Infinity KAPPA 600 (1 Viewer)

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
Still got my eye on the Beta 50 speakers, but now I see the KAPPA 600s.

anyone here have them?
how do they compare to the Beta 50s?

THANK YA !!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was not impressed with the Kappas. I listened to them with some pretty nice gear in a well controlled room with my own CDs. Even with nice amplification, they seemed to struggle, as if they were trying to do more than they were capable of. Maybe if I had set them up...:D I liked the highs, but the lower midbass was not clear. They were better than the Alphas for sure, but still not my cup of tea. In the next room I listened to NHT M5s and M6s and they sounded much clearer. Why are you hung up on Infinity? There are plenty of great speakers out there, go listen to some. What is your budget?

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I'm hung up on Infinity because theyve had a decent reputation of making a pretty good speaker. I dont know alot about speaker and have never had any good speakers. All that Circuit City carries is Polk and Infinity, so thats all that I've ever listened to.
I can get Beta 50s for $650...I'll spend about that much on some decent speaker, plus I eally like the looks of the cherry wood Beta 50s.

What tower speaker would you prefer for under $1000/set?
I just want good clean sound...not loudness.
I know a good receiver will make a difference too....and I need to get one of them too.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Under $1k I'd at least take a look over at your local Paradigm dealer and listen to the Montior and Studio lines, and also B&W for the 600 series.

If you don't mind internet direct, Axiom offers a slightly better value and improvement in sound (IMO) over the Paradigm Monitor line. There are also Rockets from AV123, which also have a very classy look to them. You can check www.audioenvy.com to see if there are any Rocket owners in your area to give you an audition.

To me, any of these speakers are better than nearly everything you will find at CC.

TonyWright

Second Unit
I would highly recommend the Swans 5.1's or 6.1's. The Black Cherry versions would keep you under the $1000 mark. I have the 6.1's myself and I am very very pleased with them. You can check them out at The Audio Insider.

Billy_C

Auditioning
I have a complete Kappa system. I have the Kappa 600's for my mains, Kappa 200's for the surrounds and a Kappa Center. I went a little overkill on the subs and have 2 Intermezzo 1.2s. I have paired these speakers with a Sony STR-DA5000ES and I must say I could not be more pleased. This system sounds absolutely awesome, whether playing music or movies. The speakers also look just as good as they sound.

The Kappas are being closed out at some incredibly bargain prices now compared to what they originally sold for. The Betas are nice, but there is no comparison to the Kappas. The Kappas are in a whole other league.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks