What's new

Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 (1 Viewer)

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
I see these speakers are selling for half their original price lately online MSRP $995. Stereophile has given them Class A Reccommend rating.

I can only purchace thse online and was hoping to get opinions from others on just how good these speakers are or if there is a "fly in the ointment" somewhere? Will they blow away other two way monitors at this price?

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
They only way to tell if speakers are good is to listen to them, YOURSELF. Everyone has a different opinion. Do not waste your money on something that you potentially may not like.

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
If you are referring to the ones being offered by Audio Avisor then go ahead and try them. If I remember correctly AA will let you return them for a full refund within 30 days. You just have to pay the shipping back. I think thats a fair deal to try them out.

Eric A

Second Unit
David,
I have demoed the Intermezzo 2.6's and 2.6P's. These are truly oustanding speakers. I demoed these at a dealer and he and I both prefered the passive versions. The ones AA is selling are the amplified versions and he told me to steer clear. While he was selling them, he had numerous problems with them. He could have steered me to the powered if he wanted to make more money but he allowed my ears to be the judge. Although I ended up buying a completely different speaker, I definitely like the Infinity sound and this is a true high end monitor.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i owned a pair of 2.6 passives that i got from infinity as a prize. they are very nice. they blow the actives away. as someone else mentioned, they arent overly reliable, and i dont think they sound nearly as nice as the passives.

the passives, IMO, sound about as good as you could expect for the sub $2K a pair for a bookshelf speaker. however, be prepared to FEED them. they like power. the passives can be bi-amped, and they really shine with a couple good amps on them. i demoed them with a couple krell amps, 2x250 per side. sounded sweeeeeet.

Users who are viewing this thread