What's new

Infinity IL40's and Interlude 6 Speaker Package (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I have for sale a complete Infinity Interlude 6 Speaker set. They were purchased from Harmon Audio(Company that makes Infinity) 2 month ago and come with a 5 year Warranty. The color is Cherry and I will e-mail pictures if you want a look. The set includes
2- IL40's (Front Towers --MSRP $499 each)
2- IL25c's (Center Front and Back --MSRP $299 each)
2- Il10's (Bookshelf Rears --MSRP $399)
They are in perfect condition and Retail is $2000 for the set. The reason I'm selling, well there's 2 reasons. One is I just lost my job and second is that my Receiver does not put out enough power to keep my fronts Happy. I would love to upgrade my Receiver or go with seperates but the money's not there.
Anyway priced to sell at $950 and I would like Pickup on these or I will meet you half way. I'm in Eastern Pa.
My email has changed to [email protected] any questions or need references feel free to e-mail.
To see that I'm not a thief check out my feedback on Ebay My username is steephen8040.

ScottJ

Auditioning
Sorry to hear of your situation, but excited to hear about the offer. I'm currently speaker shopping for a room that is still under construction. I had been considering a full set of jbl northridge, but i have a feeling these are better speakers. I know i like the infinity's in my car...

Anyone have a link to review? (i'm feeling lazy) Better yet, personal experience on tonal differences between the two? I listen to 70% music 30% movie. I like a warm tone, but also like the higher sounds to be accurate (but not bright)

Would Pittsburgh be too far for you to drive?

ScottJ

Auditioning
Steve,
You mentioned your receiver had not enough power. I am looking at either the Kenwood vr6070 (100x6) or Panasonic SA-HE200 (130x6) I think either of those 2 would be strong enough???

For those interested, here's a few speaker stats:
IL40: 8"CMMD, 4"CMMD, 1" CMMD,
8ohm, 15-175watts, 89dB, 38-22000hz +/-3dB
IL25C: dual 5.25"CMMD, 1"CMMD,
8ohm, 15-150watts, 90dB, 80-22000hz +/-3dB
IL10C: 6.5"CMMD, 1"CMMD,
8ohm, 15-150watts, 88dB, 56-22000hz +/-3dB

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Both would be strong enough and I am coming to Pittsburgh in Feb. My wife is from Belle Vernon, Pa south of Pittsburgh. Check out Audio Review and Sound and Vision for reviews. Also Home Theater Magazine's 2003 Buyer Guide listed the Infinity Interlude speaker system as 1 of the top values under $2500. I have a Denon 1803 that only puts out 75 per channel and I can't afford a new A/V or Seperates.

If you want them and can pay Cash or Money Order in Feb. I will sell them to you for $875. I need to know by Thursday as I will be putting them piece by piece on an Audiogon.com Auction site! Send me your e-mail and I will send you some pictures tonight!!!!

ScottJ

Auditioning
I sent you an email yesterday, forgive me if you have already replied as I cannot check that account from work. I can pick them up, and I can pay cash, but not until Jan 19 at the earliest as I have work and school commitments. I am still deciding, I went to circuit city last night to listen to a set of IL40 and IL10. I was very unimpressed, so much so that I can't believe it was the speakers... so I am currently planning on buying them locally so that I may audition them at home and then return them. I will tell you that they are competing with a set of JBL ND310 and N26. If anyone else has some insight here, that would be great!! I should have my decision by monday, if you could please delay the audiogon auction a few days, then you might be able to sell the whole set at once instead of piece by piece!

ScottJ

Auditioning
If on monday, I have decided to go with them, I can send you a money order downpayment.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Thats fine, down payment won't be necessary, you seem like a honest person. Just let me know Monday. Speakers are very, very good, what Receiver was CCity using to play the speakers? Sometimes hard to get good service at Ccity and these are speakers they rec'd to Bi-wire also!

ScottJ

Auditioning
CCity had it hooked up to a HK 520 receiver, should have been more than adaquate. None of the speakers in that room sounded very good compared to the JBL, Sony and Yamaha that I had listened to at BB earlier in the day. It wasn't even close, so something must have been wrong with their setup.

You mentioned biwiring. I downloaded the users manual and it says you must remove the plate that connects the two binding posts. I do not plan on biwiring, so I hope that plate is still there?

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
The IL40's and IL10's have Hi and Low Inputs on the Back Plate for Bi-Wiring. You do not have to remove the plates like you do on some speakers. I have not hooked them up this way, but was told that you should. You hook them up by running 2 seperate speaker wires from the left and 2 from the right from your Receiver and put one wire on the Hi and One on the Low Frequencies. I saw that also in the manual, but I not sure what they are talking about. The IL40's and 10's have the HF and LF right on the back plate!

ScottJ

Auditioning
The plate is not used for biwiring, it is used for "normal wiring" If you look at your binding posts (as I did at CCity) around the base you will see a gold plated metal plate that you probably never thought twice about. Under normal wiring, you would only run one set of wire and you can connect to either the Hi or Lo posts. The plates make sure that both posts and therefore both crossovers inside the speaker housing receive a signal. When biwiring you must remove this plate, making the posts independent, or defeat the entire purpose of biwiring.

The theory behind biwiring is that the hi and low frequency signals will not interfere with each other as much in the wire.(in theory) It is most usefull with external amps so that you have one amp powering the lows and a seperate powering the highs.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I see. I never really noticed the gold plate under there. No I never took them off, but does it make a big difference when you do bi-wire speakers?

ScottJ

Auditioning
I wouldn't know. We'd have to ask the "audiophiles" LOL. hey, btw, i've got some great speaker wire for only $150/ft, it's solid platinum and superior to all cables in every way!!
hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks