Infinity Entra series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_p_s, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Jon_p_s

Jon_p_s Stunt Coordinator

How is the sound quality of these speakers? I was thinking of getting the entra 2 towers for the front, entra 1 bookshelves for surround and the entra center. Is this a good setup or can I do better for the money?

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Cant say that I have ever listened to the Entra series from Infinity but I do own an entire set of the Interludes 60's, 36, & 10's and can say they are great sounding speakers. That being said Infinity does tend to be more expensive then some of the other none major brands that are out there. Do you know what you would be paying for this set of speakers? That may give us a better range of what you are willing to spend so we can recommend the best bang for your buck.

KyleS

3. Jon_p_s

Jon_p_s Stunt Coordinator

I could probably get all the speakers for around 500- 600 dollars.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The IL10s were on sale for the same price as the Entra Ones (at Crutchfield anyway), so you would be crazy not to get them instead. For the price, I would say 4 IL10s and a 25c. Many have said the IL10 is a better speaker than the floorstanding IL50.
    In this price range, I would also say consider Paradigm and Axiom, and probably the deals on JBL at J&R

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The Interlude line is being phased out for the new 'Alpha' line, so you'll probably be able to find some pretty good deals in the next little while.