What's new

Infinity Entra® Point Five (1 Viewer)

Ritchie T

Agent
Hi, I was wondering what some of your guy's opinion is on this speaker system. And I also wanted to know what would be a good matching reciever in the $300-$500 area. And if there is, what would be an alternative to this system around the same price range.

Also, what other accessories do I need? ie. what kind of wires, etc.? Also, does anyone know if these satalite speakers will be able to be hooked on to Bose's floor stands and wall brackets without any problems?

Thanks

oh ya, what B&M stores carry Infinity? Or whats a reputable online dealer, especially with warranties, that I can buy from for a good price?

Thanks

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Ritchie, when I got the first set of Point Fives in for demo, I set them up next to JBL's highly regarded NSP1 system. The Point Fives put the JBLs to absolute shame, so I sold off the NSPs. At similar price points, I just couldn't imagine anyone chosing the NSPs over the Point Fives.

They have the same mounting provisions as the Bose speakers (threaded insert), but I haven't seen the Bose stands so I can't say for sure that they'll fit. They are much heavier than the Bose speakers though.

Ritchie T

Agent
Thanks Johnny. I was looking at the online manual of the Point 5 satalites, and from the looks and size of it, the speakers may not fit the Bose stands. The curve of the stands would cause the Point 5's not to fit. Seems like some kind of sneaky marketing trick Bose may have made...

I was also looking into Polks Rm6700 with the PSW404 as a sub, but it may cost a little more than the Infinitys. From the specs and looks of the satalites, they seem like they would go great with my old Bose stands. Im thinking of using either system with the Denon AVR1803.

So now Im wondering, should I go for the Infinity and be forced to get new stands, or stick with the Polks?

Oh, and does anyone have any recomendations what kind of speake and sub wires I need and where to get them?

Thanks

BTW, will I be needing 12 or 16 ga speaker wire??

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
For the cables and wires I would go with Acoustic Research Pro-Series cables. They are well made and look nice, and are pretty affordable.

I ordered my last set from www.discounts-n-deals.com. They had great prices and great service.

Bryan

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
If it helps, the threaded insert is 2-3/4" from both the sides and top of the unit.

Ritchie T

Agent
Thanks Bryan and Johnny!! Im having a new dilema right now, but I might have to post it on a different thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks