Infinity Beta Series

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Kevin_F, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had experience with this line. I have had experience with Infinity speakers for my car in the past (I currently have an Infinity sub in my trunk) and have been very pleased, should I expect the same from the home audio side, namely the Beta Series?

2. Kevin_F

I guess no one has had any experiences with the Beta series. Since I have read that the Alpha is similar to it, how about some opinions about the Alpha series?

3. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

My alphas sound wonderful. If you can still find them, they are on clearance and can be had for great deals, some prefer them over the betas still. The betas should be good and very similar sounding, I've seen some reports that they sound better without the grills off, since they use metal grills (the alphas are cloth). If you're going to get a beta set up, definitely look into getting the c360 3 way center.

4. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    I love my Alpha's. I'm running Alpha 50's in front, 20's as surrounds, Point Five's or Alpha 10's as surround backs. 12" 250W Infinity Sub. My AVR is a 525.

LP

5. Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R Stunt Coordinator

Back last summer I was wasting some time in my local Circuit City and they had some decent CDs in the CD player in the room with all of the tower speakers. I listened to all of them and my favorite were the Infinity Beta 50s.

Those were also the most expensive pair that they had [​IMG]

6. Kevin_F

I haven't had the oppurtunity to listen to them yet, but wanted to see what has been your experiences with them.

7. Andy_Steb

Andy_Steb Stunt Coordinator

I have been running the Alphas for about 2 years, 50’s front, 40’s rear and 37c center.
    The Alphas are the only thing left in my system that I haven’t upgraded.
    I have read many reviews in which the reviewers say the 37c is the best center they ever heard.

If I were buying Infinity speakers today, I would look at the Kappa 600’s on clearance at Onecall.