Infinity Beta 50

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Burklund, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Burklund

Burklund Stunt Coordinator

Who owns a set of Beta 50's? I'm considering buying a set, just would like to know what others think of them. I can get a new pair for $649. Are there any other speakers on the market(that perform better for about the same price) that you would recommend ??

Are these Beta 50's the best tower speakers that Infinity makes?

THANKS !!!

2. Jeff-0

Jeff-0 Stunt Coordinator

i had the beta 50's at my house today as i was curious how they sounded compared to my m60 axioms.......

there was no comparison,

my axioms were better in all ranges. the beta50's midrange was muddy and the highs were not as acurate as the axioms. also i really thought the beta50's would get more base but that was not the case.

just my thoughts, hope this helps...........thanks

3. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

I've got Infinity Alpha 50s and they sound great. The Beta 50s replaced the Alpha line so the sound should be similar. You should really listen to them and other speakers and decide what sound best to you, everyones going to have their own opinions on what speakers sound best and of course, everyone has different tastes. You also need to remember if you're testing out a new pair of speakers, you're gonna have to give it some time to break them in before they sound their best. My Infinitys sounded much better after 100 hours of usage. The Beta 50s, unlike the Alpha 50s, come with metal grills. I've heard reports from some people that they sound much better with the grills off. HT Mag just did a review on the Beta 10 bookshelves and stated they sound better w/o the grills also, its on their website.

4. Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R Stunt Coordinator

I was poking around Circuit City one day probably around 6 months ago and I listened to all of the speakers that they had setup in their listening room. The beta 50s smoked everything else in the room. Of course at the time they were marked $500 each. If you like the way they sound then go for it. You're the one that will be listening to them on a daily basis. If they don't sound right with your equipment or room just return them and get your money back.

Cheers!

Jeremy

5. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Last time I checked they're still $500/each. If you're getting the pair for $650 new from an authorized dealer, thats a great deal.