Infinity Alpha vs. klipsch RF25/35

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by micah bjj, Jul 14, 2004.

1. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

I have found both of these model speakers for good prices online. Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge about them and how they compare to each other? Thanks.

2. BryanWeaver

BryanWeaver Extra

micah,

I just went through the exercise of trying to find on-line Klipsch dealers (legitimate dealers that can give a warranty), and came up with nothing. One of the sites that have nice pics of speakers said that there is no authorized on-line dealers.

Some of the sites that had Klipsch listed have either vanished, or the klipsch section is now blocked.

I did find a local dealer that will sell at a discount and give a dealer warranty. I'm satisfied with the price, especially when you factor in shipping costs.

Bryan

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

4. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

Bryan- I found the cheapest prices online at the website Brandnamez I dont know if they authorized and offer a warranty like you mentioned above.

By any chance have you heard any info on them? Are they legite?

5. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

i would much rather buy from ebay than buy from brandnamez.com.

6. BryanWeaver

BryanWeaver Extra

Micah,

If you are in SoCal, I can recommend the dealer that I used, who is listed on the Klipsch website as an authorized dealer.

I contacted one of the sponsors of this forum, and they told me there are NO AUTHORIZED on-line dealers. I wanted to buy stuff from him, but he said he wouldn't.

BTW: Add everything, add the shipping and see how much of a difference there is between a local dealer and the unobtanium on-line prices. I found that there wasn't much of a difference.

Bryan

7. Dave Man

Dave Man Stunt Coordinator

I have confirmed with Pat Thompson at Klipsch that there are around (I can't remember the exact number) 4-6 online dealers nationwide. Good guys is one.

David

8. JasonF

JasonF Agent

I purchased my klipsch RF35's, RC-35, RCR-5's from brandnamez.com. It was quite scary. I couldn't contact them by phone after the order. After many e-mails back and forth I received my speakers. Even though it was scary everything arrived in good shape. It was a chance to take , but I did pay much less even after shipping. I don't know if I'd do it again. Your choice.

9. BryanWeaver

BryanWeaver Extra

After checking out brandnzmez.com, their prices are only marginally cheaper than getting a decent local deal (assuming that you will pay the maximum shipping UPS ground)

I paid $800 for two RF-35's brandnamez: $660+ 40
    I paid $420 for two RS-35'S brandnamez: $398+ 20
    I paid $320 for one RC-35 brandnamez: $265+ 28

For a total savings of $130 (which is an 8.5% savings, a greater savings if you pay less for shipping) and no factory warranty (or maybe a factory warranty)depending on how brandnamez.com is recognized by Klipsch.

I bought the speakers and took them home the same day, the dealer threw in things like connectors, speaker wire, even a couple of cd's.

I went through the same thing, scouring the world for a good deal on-line, but am totally satisfied with my deal and am actually thankful that I did not have to buy them via the internet.

Although, I did buy the SVS sub via the internet, but that was my only option.

On a more positive note, I'm extremely happy with my new speakers, and have no buyers remorse.

10. BradleyS.

BradleyS. Stunt Coordinator

I'm also in the market for the klipsch rf-35's and rs-35 speakers. What price can I expect to pay for these speakers from a dealer? Can I expect a discount of anykind?

11. CraigO

CraigO Auditioning

goodguys is going out of business, so they have a lot of the klipsh stuff on 40% off sale now.