What's new

infinity alpha thoughts (1 Viewer)

Dave Clem

Auditioning
I am thinking of upgrading to the Infinity Alpha series. Anybody have these??? Or heard them??? What do you think?;)

Ed_B

Auditioning
I was at circuit city this past weekend and heard polk, bose and the infinity alpha's, my opinion the alpha's sounded the best, they had a infinity sub on display but it wasn't the alpha, I didn't like the way it sounded.I liked the velodyne sub they had.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I know this post is long past, but let me give a history :)

Years ago, I was huge into collecting speakers and posted often in this area..

I went through:

Definitive Tech BP series
Mirage series
Infinity Ov1s (rear) with OV3s for fronts
and finally went with VonSchweikert VR4's, which I loved like no other.

After having children, and relocating, I was pretty much relegated into a smaller location with less room for the like, and more need for other items, so we let go the bulky theater and went with a HTIB type deal, and yes, the Yamaha.

Let me say, right off the bat, I knew it pretty much sucked, and I missed my old speaks like no other ;) But, it served it's purpose for a while.

With the new year rolling around, I made some agreements on changes, switched to HDTV and made a few other changes. Because of the small kids, floor standing, beautiful speakers weren't a consideration.. I would have to bolt them to the walls so kids wouldn't knock them over, and I can't do that ;) So, I looked at bookshelves.

I ended up picking up a set based on the Infinity Alpha20 sets, which I found affordable and a had a decent sound for the room I am in.

I will say this: having auditioned for a while, I am more impressed with them, and realize how night-and-day they are above any HTIB you'll ever listen to.

I can't say they are as transparent and open as my OV3s, which I miss, and nothing has ever come close to the musical experience my VonSchweikerts provided.. but for the size of the room they are in, I am very happy with the purchase ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks