Infiniti G35 - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by george.Legeza, Dec 31, 2002.

1. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Well, I've been thinking about trading in my current car, an '02 Nissan Maxima SE 6-spd, for a while now. As a matter of fact, I've been test driving different cars for a few months. All along I've been thinking about getting a used BMW, but early this morning I test drove an Infiniti G35 (the sedan). A friend of mine works at the dealership and has been bugging me to take a test drive for ages and I finally gave in.
    Oh my god, I think I'm in love with this car. [​IMG]
    It's going to require me to put down more cash on top of the trade-in than I was planning on, but I'm having trouble imagining that I'll find a better car in the price range. I could go on and on about everything I love about this car, but I thought I'd ask for some opinions on it. I won't have enough money to make the purchase for a few months (which is good, I wouldn't want to buy a $30k+ car as an impulse buy) and I was curious if anyone here currently owns one. How has it been treating you in the long run? How do you like it overall?

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Question- why in the world would you want to trade in that Maxima?? 255 horse not enough, or just want something more luxurious/sporty?

4. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Don't get me wrong... I love the Maxima. Before I bought the '02 I had a '96 Maxima GLE that I also loved (and put quite a bit of money into modifying - including over $3,000 on a supercharger), but now I'm just looking into moving up to something a bit more on the luxury side without sacrificing any power and sportiness. And, of course, I love the VQ so I have no problem sticking with Nissan/Infiniti. I take a lot of long road trips, so a little more space and luxury never hurts. [​IMG]
    I should also say that as much as I love the power of the 255hp on the 2002 and the 6-spd I almost felt like I took a step down when I went traded in my '96. It seemed to me Nissan did a much better job at making the interior of the 4th generation Maximas feel expensive and well-done. Just my opinion, though.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Well I'm a 3rd gen guy, soon to be 4th. The tranny is going on me even though I spent close to $800 in mods over the summer. [​IMG] I'll actually be looking for a 95-96 as they are supposed to be the fastest of the 4th gens (also the cheapest).
    It should be nice to be going from VG to VQ. [​IMG] I'll hold off on the mods for a while but those 4th gens really need to be lowered!. [​IMG] Yea yea I know, performance first...

6. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

I don't know how much this factors in, but it was recently picked as "Motor Trends" Car of the Year.