What's new

Infernal Affairs 3 (1 Viewer)

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
The conclusion to this crime drama trilogy revolves around the events that happened 10 months after the ending of the first film and 3 years prior to the events of part 1.

Video: presented in 2:35.1 anamorphic. very nice, very sharp, colors brought to life. very nicely done dvd presentation here.

audio: offers cantonese 5.1, cantonese dts, and 5.1 mandarin dub track. nice bass, sounds great however i have noticed a slight audio slowdown and it seems a bit out of sync. i have heard the same complaints about the DTS track as well. also, have noticed a slight sound distortion on Leon's dialogue in one scene and Tony's dialogue in another.

extras: skimpier than the first 2 films. includes a making of (no english subs this time unlike part 2's making of documentary), character bios (hidden with actor interviews), an assortment of trailers & tv spots, plot summary, posters, photos, and a easter egg (bloopers). one minor complaint, however, is the fact that it's same darn easter egg. you can reach the easter eggs by pressing RIGHT on the top option where the english logo is highlighted. on an added note, disc 1 offers two cuts of the film: the hong kong theatrical edit and the extended director's cut. it is most recommended that you view the director's cut as the theatrical cut skips alot of important scenes.

overall: IA3 is perhaps the most bashed sequels but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie. it just requires extra attention upon viewing. the dvd is nice but is slimmer on the extras. a special limited edition box set is available as well which includes a certificate, a photo book, a set of 8 octopus cards (bus cards used in hong kong), and a optipus card holder. however, i chose the regular 2 disc set. Now, let's hope that Martin Scorcese makes a spectacular American remake.

Also, please note that Megastar's 2 disc set is a Region 0, NTSC release. Not Region 3 as the box states.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, both Cantonese tracks drift in and out of sync: more out than in, sadly. Still the film was much better than I'd been led to expect, though easily the weakest of the three. Though 'tis churlish to complain at this price.

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i received word that Megastar stated that the theatrical prints they received were originally out of sync when they were dubbing it during post production. I wished they spent the time to time it well enough so it won't feel that way.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I loved the first film. Haven't seen the sequels, although I am greatly interested in seeing them though!

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
someone from another forum got a reply from megastar and they said it's out of sync because the original theatrical prints had the same problem while it was dubbed in post production.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the third part better than the second, the trilogy combined was much better than I expected. You have to focus your complete attention on the third one because of all the flashbacks but other than the slightly disorienting layout of the film, its pretty solid, especially the moral of the film.

Sten F

Second Unit
Well, the second IA don´t really belong in the trilogy as it is a pre-quel. One is better of watching IA 1 & 3... and the IA 2 if you are die hard fan of Internal Affairs franchise.

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the first film (has to be in my top 10 all time fave list), was very disappointed with the second hope the third is better, have it on order and awaiting delivery.

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i actually enjoyed part 2 more than part 3.
perhaps, it is because they had more time developing part 2 could be the reason. part 3 seemed promising but again, it seemed very rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks