What's new

Infamous should make you glad to own a PS3 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Morgan Jolley said:
Bryan - I think pressing the touchpad lets you skip cutscenes.
Thanks. I know that works with Tomb Raider, but I haven't tried it for Second Son. I'm really starting to dig this game. the graphics are pretty awesome. Having never played Infamous games before, the gameplay feels very close to the older Spiderman(Web Of Shadows, Spiderman 3) games. I wonder Sony uses that game engine? Anyway with the graphics and power upgrades, I'm having a blast.

MINOR SPOILER:

I loved climbing the Space Needle in Seattle. Beautiful view.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, the views in this game are unbelievable. Some small details get me everytime. Wander around enough and you'll hear quite a few seattle bands. It's great

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Bryan - Sony doesn't make inFamous, Sucker Punch does. They're an independent third party that just so happens to only make games for Sony platforms. The engine is not used in anything else. Their previous games are the Sly Cooper series.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Morgan Jolley said:
Bryan - Sony doesn't make inFamous, Sucker Punch does. They're an independent third party that just so happens to only make games for Sony platforms. The engine is not used in anything else. Their previous games are the Sly Cooper series.
Thanks for the info.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Apparently, the game sometimes slows to 30fps when things get busy, which can be jarring (and mess with controller response). I guess in the past, when games slowed down like that, it was to a speed that you wouldn't want to stay at! :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Many PS4 games are designed to run at 1080p/30fps minimum, so locking the framerate at 30 means you don't get weird hiccups where it looks super smooth then not so super smooth (jumping between 60 and 30). Personally, I'd rather keep the framerate locked, but I'd rather it be locked at 60 if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks