What's new

Inexpensive sub crossovers (1 Viewer)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Hoping someone might have some suggestions. In the basement I have a small 2 channel setup used only for music and games consoles. Powering it all is an old Pioneer that is a workhorse of a receiver. I am currently running a small Infinity BU-2 powered sub that has its own built in low pass crossover.

My problem is that I want to ditch the Infinity and drive a pair of 15" subs I have. I have a fine 600w Fidek pro amp ready to go (no onboard crossover controls), but as I discovered, my Pioneer receiver passes a full range signal out the subwoofer output!

I'm aware of the Paradigm X-20/30, but wondering what other cheap (and more readily available) options there might be for this situation before I start considereing the replacement of the receiver.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
If you just wanted to cut the high freq's from the sub out you could try an F-Mod inline filter. I have one in my parts box at home that's rated at 100 hz I believe. They're pretty cheap and work ok for what they are.

here's one link I found on them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks