What's new

Inexpensive Speaker Options (1 Viewer)

HarryPluta

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V1400 amp and need a set of inexpensive speakers for it. In a few years when my youngest daughter goes off to college I will be building a dedicated HT room, but for now I have a small 15'x 15'room that is also the library and music room.

I need a system that favors the highs a bit as I suffer from a bit of hearing loss (to many years in R&R bands). I liked the sound of the Yamaha NS-AP5400 speakers that come with the YHT-941 system, but I have not found a place where I can purchase just the speakers. I also listened to the Yamaha P-236 set which would be OK in the small room, but I would need to find a single speaker to finish the 7.1 set-up as that is a 6.1 system, anyone know how you would go about doing that?

There is a used Polk RM series II set on ebay, but I am leary of buying used speakers. And finally there is a dealer on ebay selling a Harman Kardon 7.1 HKL system.

Can you folks give me your opinions, I need to keep this under $400.00.

Eventually I will be building my system around a set of Peavey Phase Reference Monitors from my old recording studio, but I need a pretty big room to use them!

Thanks so much, and great forum here.
Harry

I have a small room 10'x11'. I bought used Polk RT15i and M1 as surrounds and couldnt be happier. I highly recommend any of the RTi line. I heard them and had to have them so I went the used route and am ok. Follow some of the auctions and communicate with the sellers'. Most really want to keep a good rep and move an item. My needs may be different than yours so if it doesnt feel right to do ebay, check out Polks at Circuit City. Open box sales are often another way to save money and still be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks