Inexpensive hdtv possibilities?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimC_A, Sep 28, 2002.

1. JimC_A

JimC_A Stunt Coordinator

What's the least inexpensive route to go when you want over the air HD signals? Is there an option that won't set me back too much? I have the Toshiba 50H82, Toshiba SD-3750, and the TimeWarner digital package with the HD box giving me HD HBO.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If the SD-3750 is an HD decoder box, then just go to Radio Shack and buy yourself an antenna.

3. JimC_A

JimC_A Stunt Coordinator

Sorry for not saying so, that's my dvd player. I have the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100HD for the cable box.

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

5. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

There are a bunch of auctions on eBay for Samsung OTA tuners for just over $300. It's not going to get much cheaper than that right now.

As a shot in the dark, look around your local electronics stores for open box items, especially for a DTC-100. Circuit City usually has good deals on open box stuff.

Like the other Bill said, make sure you can get enough OTA signals to make it worthwhile.

Good luck, and if you can get enough programming it's defiantly worth it, and it it looks like there will be a lot of new programming in the coming year.

6. Iver

Iver Second Unit

I don't know if they will give this same price on their Web site, but J&R is selling the SIR-T150 in-store for $300.

Apparently they are unloading them to make way for the newer Samsung HD tuners which have come out.

7. JimC_A

JimC_A Stunt Coordinator

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate the time and consideration given to my subject. I will get a Samsung or equivalant as soon as I update my birthday wish list. I wonder if the price will drop soon.