Inexp rcvr with multi zone/multi component?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kad, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Jeff Kad

Jeff Kad Extra

Looking for inexpensive rcvr with multi zone/multi component capability. Price range would be around $400-600 street price. Are there any??

2. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

No.

Niles just came out with a 6 zone receiver that lists for $2295. That's about as low as I've seen. Add keypads and speakers and installation and you are easily in the $5K plus range. Multi-zone is not a "cheap" or inexpensive item. The cost of admission is still substantial. The best you can hope for is a receiver that may have a second room option in your price range. You'll still need separate amplificaiton. Good luck.

3. Chris Eriksen

Chris Eriksen Stunt Coordinator

The Onkyo 696 comes close to what you are seeking, but it is in the $700-$800 range. It has the ability to reassign the surround channels to drive a pair of speakers using a second source in a second zone. The drawback is that you can not listen to 5.1 while the second zone is in use.
    I hope this helps! [​IMG]

4. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

if you are talking about multi "room" option than there are a lot out there. multi "zone" is different i guess. i thought they meant the same thing. shows you what i know[​IMG] anyway, the yamaha rx-v1200 and 2200 do multi room. you will need another amp or dummy receiver to power the other room. the denon 2802 and 3802 also do multiroom. i think the yamah 1200 and denon 2802 can be found in your price range. both are excellent and high quality receivers. good luck.