What's new

Indy Trilogy Christmas 2003 (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
It just occurred to me that a Christmas 2003 DVD release of the first 3 might be to help promote the release of Indy 4 which is likely to come out in July 2004 according to recent reports from Spielberg.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it will be Lucas doing them. Probably Paramount. Too much on Lucas' hands to do them. He'll be filming Episode III, on top of supervising the Episode III DVD, on top of working on Indy IV, on top of working on the original SW trilogy. There's just too much on his plate.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It just occurred to me that a Christmas 2003 DVD release of the first 3 might be to help promote the release of Indy 4 which is likely to come out in July 2004 according to recent reports from Spielberg.
Indy 4 is currently rumored for July 2005; although recent buzz indicates that Ford still isn't happy with the script.
Anyway, as Dan stated above, we're just "spinning our wheels" here until we get something official from Paramount and/or LucasFilm. The most recent official statement from Paramount was "No Indy DVD's in 2002"; while the most recent statement from a spokesperson for LucasFilm was to the effect that "Paramount was being too greedy" in regards to the Indy DVDs. (This was attributed to Rick McCallum at the recent "Celebration II" event.)
All in all, it doesn't look too promising ...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of this crap. Why the hold-up?

Doesn't Paramount/Lucasfilm have any idea of how big a seller the Indy trilogy would be on DVD? Their lackadaisical attitude concerning this issue is perplexing. At the very least, they could make an official statement as to the status of Indiana Jones DVDs. What's the point of keeping us in the dark?

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Glad i have the first 2 in HD on DVHS. :D
Too bad the third one wasn't aired yet. Most of my favorite Indy scenes are in that one.
Like the others who voiced their skepticism, i believe it when the official announcement is out. Been excited too many times.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
what is sad is that the eventual release of these dvds, will be good enough for me...but it reminds me of the comparison of the godfather trilogy and pearl harbor-there is none, yet pearl harbor has a damned nice dvd with nice "vintage" packaging and everything, and godfather is cased in crappy cardboard, without even an embossed godfather logo. indy will be just like godfather, i think. it would have been jaw dropping if it was released 5 years ago. bastards.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I made some pretty good DVDR's from my laserdisc versions, so I'm in no hurry. When they do come, I'll buy them, but my own DVDs will do until then.

Marc

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from today's http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
And yes... we've heard those rumors posted by Ain't it Cool News about Paramount releasing the Indiana Jones Trilogy for the holidays next year. This may very well be under discussion, but it's way too early to start talking about a release that's officially unconfirmed and is more than a year away. And how many times have we heard this now? We've decided that we're not going to post anything on this until we're confident that the discs are in production. But we'll let you know when and if this becomes more solid.
:D

DanR

Supporting Actor
Nice post by The Digital Bits. Sounds like they are also getting tired of being burned by these rumors in the past. Let's just wait til Spring 2003, and see if we start getting more solid leaks.

Regards,
Dan

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I still say we won't get any Indiana Jones film until Q4 2004. If the film really does arrive the following summer, that's the perfect target to start anticipation. If the film doesn't arrive in 2005, they'll need at least until that time to prep a release they'd been planning to hold off to promote the new film.

How convoluted is that!?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't Paramount/Lucasfilm have any idea of how big a seller the Indy trilogy would be on DVD?
Of course they do. Paramount has made it clear in the past that they don't want to release all of their catalogue titles in one big shot. Ideally the other studios would exhaust most of their A list titles and leave the market wide open. That said it's pretty obvious that this trilogy would be snapped up in record time regardless of what other titles were released.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I love the guys at Penny Arcade. I pay no attention to AICN. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, but the site format is unbearable to me, I prefer not to read it at all.

For movie rumormongerring I prefer Coming Attractions by Corona.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I got burned by the digital bits speculating on a Glengarry Glen Ross release 4 months ago. I sold my laserdisc based on this rumor and no annoucment was ever made. I will never have faith on a release rumor until a official announcement is made.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
You guys can rag on AICN all you want but they posted the correct street date for the Episode 1 DVD before any of the "DVD" sites.
Kevin C. :)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Good point Kevin...AICN often gets bashed, and though it isn't even worth one second of your time to participate in any of their "talkback," they often come through with accurate information. Of course they make mistakes and are wrong sometimes, but show me one site of this nature that is always accurate? I only posted this INDY information to begin with since ANY rumor at this point is welcome in my book :)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Their lackadaisical attitude concerning this issue is perplexing. At the very least, they could make an official statement as to the status of Indiana Jones DVDs. What's the point of keeping us in the dark?
I thought that we did have an official statement: no Indy in 2002.

If you're asking them to predict the day in the future more than a year from now that the Indy DVDs will street, well, that's kind of asking a lot, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks