What's new

Indy Trilogy Christmas 2003 (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
For what it's worth, Aint-it-cool-news is reporting that the Indiana Jones Trilogy is (finally) coming to DVD by Christmas 2003.
Take it with a grain of salt...however, they have been pretty accurate in the past with various past titles. I for one was hoping it would be sooner, but let's wait until we hear something official before we do the dance of joy.
AICN says Indy 2003

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Dharmesh that this is hardly reliable unless other sources are chiming in with the same releasedate
:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The obvious response here is "we've heard this year after year for a while now, without actually getting the discs".
For my money, I'll wait until Paramount themselves tells me this, before I get too happy.
FWIW, I said the same thing about BTTF's last set of rumors, which did indeed turn out to be true, right?
Also FWIW, I have a reason - which I cannot disclose - to *believe* the Indy rumors this time. But, I'm still not gonna get happy until I see something more official than AICN. Actually, I'll REALLY believe it when it's in my hot little hands. :)

Richard cash

Stunt Coordinator
well thats still a year and a half away, and i thought lucas wasn't bothering with these until starwars are out of the way. wont he be too concerned with episode III?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
What? You mean we are not going to get a new special super ultra basterdized cut of the movies!

DanR

Supporting Actor
My policy on Indiana Jones on DVD to do the following from now on:

Until official announcement from Lucasfilm and/or Paramount, nothing changes. We've had rumors since 1998, and we still have rumors. Nothing has changed folks.

Besides, Lucasfilm cannot even crank out more than 1 Star Wars DVD per year, and somehow during the next year when Lucas is filming Episode III, he's going to have time to be involved in cranking out 3 DVDs? I don't buy it one bit.

Regards,
Dan

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
I think they'll wait for Indiana Jones FOUR to be made, and re-cgi the old trilogy and release everything in a new boxed set.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Besides, Lucasfilm cannot even crank out more than 1 Star Wars DVD per year, and somehow during the next year when Lucas is filming Episode III, he's going to have time to be involved in cranking out 3 DVDs? I don't buy it one bit.
I agree with this statement from Dan.
If a release of Indy is not due until Christmas of next year, then I think we'll be "lucky" just to get "Raiders".
Of course, I'll gladly take that! :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Gee, that's interesting news. I was speaking to someone from Paramount at VSDA and at that time there was no release date and no work had been done on it.

Gord

DanR

Supporting Actor
I was speaking to someone from Paramount at VSDA and at that time there was no release date and no work had been done on it.
Wait a minute, the Digital Bits has stated that their *reliable sources* say work is underway.:rolleyes
I like the Bits, but its track record when it comes to reliable information on Indiana Jones is absolutely horrible.
Again folks, until someone @ Lucasfilm or Paramount says work is underway or releases an official statement, nothing has changed. It's all rumors and hearsay; don't get your hopes up one bit.
Regards,
Dan

Brenton

Screenwriter
I know why they're taking so long! They're going to digitally insert cameos of the new characters that will debut in Indy IV! That way, when we see these new characters in 2005, we can say "Hey look, it's 'Man with Drink' from the Raiders DVD!"

DanR

Supporting Actor
Michael, are you being sarcastic? If not, just go read the archived stuff at The Digital Bits, if it's still there. Gees, they must have some stuff regarding Indy Jones going all the way back to 1998.

BTW, the only thing that would make me believe Indy for 2003, besides an official statement from either company, would be if a certain individual who frequents this board and who visits "The Ranch" (and has been dead on accurate in the past) actually comes back and says he saw them working on this. Last time I spoke with him via email, he said basically that it was "Unfortunately, going to be a long time before Indy hits DVD." That would seem to jive with what Paramount's "line" was at VSDA. Besides, who cares anyway. Xmas 2003 is still alomost 18 months away...it's not like were going to get an official announcement earlier than 12 months from now if this were true anyway. We're all just spinning our wheels here.

Nuff said.

Regards,
Dan

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Didn't Spielberg officially say Lucas was courting him to do a commentary? Atleast it's nice to see they're actually trying.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Lucasfilm is undoubtedly doing the discs themselves, therefore Paramount would not have done any work on them

That's my theory anyway.

I remember Bill posting that Lucas had started, I don't remember when though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks