What's new

Indy Jones available as Box-Set ONLY?!? (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind that it'll be "just a boxed set" since I want all 3 films. I am a bit dissapointed it's not a 6 disc set. I think each film surely has enough added content for it's own bonus disc. However, since Paramount only provided one bonus disc on Godfather, the same would have been likely on INDY.

I look forward to seeing the packaging. Hopefully that will deviate from the Godfather packaging.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Brendon, that's a pretty cool birthday present! You hang on to that lady! :D

This is hardly a surprise... besides, I can't see tons of folks (other than us home-theater folks) purchasing Temple Of Doom on it's own... ;)

Personally, I can't wait. Bring on the box set! :D 'bout damn time these came out!!!! :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I too want all three and like all three. But I'm a little surprised Paramount is taking this tack. Jack Ryan SE movies, they gave people the choice, all 4, or buy them individually. John Travlota Collection, same thing, all 3 together or buy them individually. I thought this was going to be the new direction at Paramount. Evidently, new is now old and old is now new. Hope Martin chimes in with some facts on this one.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to throw in my two coppers, and say that if it gets 'em here faster, than by all means bring on the boxset. I would have bought them all anyway. In the meantime, I'm glad I have my LDs to comfort me.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
Gosh is Temple of Doom that bad. I wouldn't say it is my favorite of the three but it is still a great movie nonetheless. I will be buying the box set and I will be glad to get all three at the same time.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Temple of Doom is sorely underrated. All three are terrific entertainment, and this boxset sounds like a dream ticket! Bring it on!!

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
This surprises me not at all. It's been a growing trend with studios and popular movie series. The Godfather, BTTF, Rocky, and if I recall correctly, the Die Hard sequels(for the SE re-releases) were originally gonna be included in the box set only until Fox changed their mind at the last minute.

I do agree that Paramount should give consumers a choice as to which Indy flicks they buy on DVD. A growing number of fans seem to have a genuine dislike for Temple of Doom and/or Last Crusade(although why I have no clue). But I'm getting the box set no matter what, so the decision doesn't bug me too much.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
For all of you who don't mind since you want all three, don't you still think there should be a CHOICE for the rest of us?

I would definitely buy Raiders, and I don't mind buying Crusade although I know I won't watch it much. But it pisses me off to have to buy the steaming, stinking turd that is known as Temple of Doom... just like it pissed me off to have to buy Godfather Part 3.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Usually, like in the case of BTTF or Godfather, I'd rather have a choice. But when it comes to the Indy trilogy...I have no problem picking up the whole set. Even if 'Doom isn't that great. Besides, don't you wanna know what's on the mysterious 4th disc?!?

:D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Is it my imagination or do I remember hearing several rumours (I didn't think they were any more substantial than that) about Lucasfilm waiting for the Indy rights to expire with Paramount ? Said rumours suggested that this was because Lucasfilm wanted to use different distributor than Paramount for the trilogy (as per Willow and CTHV).
Paramount owns a piece of the Indy films, while WIllow and Howard the Duck are owned by Lucasfilm totally

P and SO

Agent
Real Name
Truls
I'd rather like to know what's on the mysterious second discs for each individual movie, that I keep seeing in my dreams.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
One thing that bothers me about having to buy all of the Indiana Jones films that did not bother me about buying all of the BTTF films is the price.

Universal sold all 3 films for what, like $35 during new release week? At that price, I don't mind buying all 3. I am guessing that Paramount is going to sell there box set for somewhere around $80, since that is what they did with the Godfather trilogy.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Bttf is nice and all but it's not indy. Indy are some of the biggest movies ever and i think the majority people will buy the boxset no matter what the price!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
It's certainly the box set for me anyway. I'm a completisti, and they're all three of them fantastic movies. Makes the choice easy. Here's hopign the price is right.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I need to throw a wrench into the works. If this box set has four disks, where is IJ4 going to go?

I am assuming the there will be 4 DVD cases, but who is to say, right?

Anyway, for those that dislike TOD, was it the kid that did it?

GLenn

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely buy Raiders, and I don't mind buying Crusade although I know I won't watch it much. But it pisses me off to have to buy the steaming, stinking turd that is known as Temple of Doom... just like it pissed me off to have to buy Godfather Part 3.
To use BTTF as an example, why would anyone pay $20 for a single movie (based on Paramounts pricing) when they can get all 3 for $15 more? And in this case, if you bought Indy 1 & 2 separately, you'd probably be paying MORE than if you bought the set, so it makes more sense to buy all 3 rather than 2.

I, for one, am glad to see a studio cater to movie buffs and collectors :emoji_thumbsup:

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member

Don't you mean completists? I'd rather the studio try to cater to everyone. If they release Raiders as a standalone disc, I'll buy it on release date. If they release it in the box set only, then I'll wait until I find a cheap pre-owned copy, in which case they won't be getting my money at all.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Is there any OTHER way to buy the Indiana Jones movies? Perfection!!! :)

I'm just pretty concerned about the lack of extras. Only 1 disc for extras is pretty thin since you KNOW it'll be Trailers and the Making of specials that are already released on vhs and laserdisc.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Temple of Doom is extremely underrated and underappreciated IMO. Sure it has some dumb cornball bullcrap (a torch to the tummy isan antidote for a drug? C'mon!), but it's got some seriously memorable stuff, including the entire spectacular opening sequence, the roller-coaster scene, the confrontation with the two swordsmen where Indy has no gun this time, the bug room / crusher room sequence, etc. I think I personally like it almost as much as Raiders, and definitely prefer it to Crusade with all the corny father/son jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks