What's new

Indy DVD's.... WHEN???? (1 Viewer)

Jeff St

Auditioning
Does anoyone know or have a website of info on the INDY DVD's. This one begs to be in my collection.:emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
You might want to try the search function. There has been endless discussion on this topic.

I believe there is nothing official about the releases, but they should be here by the end of this year/sometime early next year. I think.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There isn't any information on Indiana Jones. All we have so far is speculation. Expect to wait a while.

M.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
We can always hope...

But I know it'll be awhile, which is fine. I have the widescreen tapes to tide me over.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Jeff, welcome to the HTF! As suggested, you may want to run a search in the Software forum, which is really where this post should have been started (and is where it has been moved). As said, we have little to go by but rumour and I don't see that changing for a while.

With news on an Indy 4 allegedly moving forward, it can't be too long before the DVDs of the trilogy come in to cash in on an upcoming sequel. To keep me happy for the way (granted I own the LDs) I'd really love it if they put out Young Indy.

Dan (UK)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Late last year, The Digital Bits reported in their Rumor Mill that they had it on good authority that Raiders of the Lost Ark was in the works for late 2002. I ain't holding my breath, so take that tidbit as you will...

Regards,

Dan

Jeff St

Auditioning
Hey Dan B. OOOPPSSS! Sorry bout that... I didn't even realize it. Thanks for the correction.:b

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator
Why don't we ask Jake A. ? P.S. All the veterans of this forum who go way back will catch my in-joke.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Here's some new news regarding Indiana Jones on DVD from Speilberg. This info is from TheForce.Net:
I was excited, but forgot to ask when. There's 350 people in the class, so it was hard to get a question in anyhow.
So Speilberg isn't doing a commentary. No surprise there. Perhaps Lucas wanted to pariticpate in an ensemble commentary. Oh well, at least we have some confirmation that the Indy DVDs are in the works!

DanR

Supporting Actor
Richard,

Interestingly enough, the legendary "Jake A" of this forum (who was made fun of above in one of the other posts) had stated in one of his posts that George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford were going to record a commentary in 1999 at the request of George Lucas. Very interesting that this "news" now comes from Spielberg's own mouth.

Regards,

Dan

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
This morning The Bits reported that there is a rumor that the trilogy will be released one a year as 2 disc special editions.

I honestly hope this isn't true as I really don't want to wait 3 years to have the whole set.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
you know all indy's are before the WWII. it might be cool if he finally gets to legally wage war on the nazis. I say he dodges the draft and hides in a pit in angola.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This morning The Bits reported that there is a rumor that the trilogy will be released one a year as 2 disc special editions.
Wait though, that'd work well for the studio as, followng the one a year pattern, by the time Last Crusade hit DVD, Indy 4 would be ready for theatrical release.
If one a year is true, then at least thank the gods Raiders was the first movie (made) of the series. :)
Dan (UK)

DanR

Supporting Actor
While I agree that Raiders is definitely the best of the series, Temple of Doom still rules. It was panned because of such high expectations, IMHO. There are some great moments in Temple, the score is wonderful, and the mine car chase is awesome. Compared to the crap we get nowadays, Temple is a much better movie. I do agree though that Kate Capshaw can get quite irritating.

Regarding the DVDs, again, whatever. When they get here... I'll buy them. Until then, everyone involved (Paramount, Lucasfilm, and Spielberg) can kiss my ass.

Regards,

Dan

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
While Raiders was my favorite, I thought temple of Doom was much better than Last Crusade. I didn't like the direction they went with Last Crusade - it was more of a comedy than the other two and I didn't like that. It was just too silly while he was working with his father (Connery).

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Is anybody going to be bothered by seeing 23, 24 and 25 on the splines of the trilogy, and having Raiders renamed 'Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark'?

Glenn

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The names/numbers on the sides would bother me somewhat...but I'm more concerned the films are unaltered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks