What's new

Indy DVD's on 10/21, any deals 2 be found? (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I forced my local WallyWorld to price match Ekerds!!!! They didn't wanna...but using the info in this thread including the price at the Albany store..I called the WM hotline and complained. The local assistant manager reluctantly agreed to price match for $33.39!!!!

Thanks y'all! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay. Tonight I went to the East Greenbush Wal-Mart and got the WS Indy set (4-disc) for $34.82. :emoji_thumbsup: And, I still have the set from BestBuy (5-disc) on Tuesday when they wouldn't price match for $44.99

Now......what do I do? :frowning:

Decisions, decisions. Any suggestions?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if you can get this set from the Costco website with the same coupon off the two disc Paramount packages?

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Now......what do I do?
Here's what I would do, Mike. Take your Wal-Mart receipt to Best Buy to get a refund from them of the difference (plus 10% of course). Obviously, you've proven that Wal-Mart has it in stock so they can't deny the price match based on that excuse.

If they give you a hassle that the sets aren't EXACTLY the same because of the BB bonus disc, point out that the sets they sell WITHOUT the discs are the same price.

Hopefully, you'll succeed and then, on your way home; stop by your Wal-Mart and return the set you bought there.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Got my copy PM'd at BB here in Longview with no hassles. They are really good at doing this sort of thing and always get my business because of it. I can't believe how cheap this was and how great the movies look. All-time best help I've ever gotten at HTF, financially! Woo Hoo!

Matt

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff: That is very reasoned, logical, thinking.

Whatever makes you think it'll work at our local BestBuy???

:D

I think I'll give it a try.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I won! I won! :D

Jeff Peterson! Thank you! Your simple solution to my problem worked like a charm. And the best thing about it? I price-matched with the same customer service guy who refused me on Tuesday saying Eckerd didn't have any.

Went up to the counter, told him I wanted to pricematch with Wal-Mart and gave him both receipts. He asked which Wal-Mart it was. Even though he had the receipt which listed the item and its sku#, he still called the store with the phone # from the receipt to verify. With no personality, he begrudgingly rang up the price match which automatically gave me the 110% of the difference between their price ($44.99) and the Wal-Mart price ($34.82).
A difference of $10.17 + $1.02 (10%) =$11.19

$44.99 minus $11.19 = $33.80 for the 5-disc set! :D :D :D

Then, as Jeff suggested, I simply stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and returned their set. Woo-hoo! Take that blue shirts!

Thanks again, Jeff! And, the extra running around had to be done anyway--it coincided with my son's orthodontist appointment, etc.

Another victory for the Coupons & Bargains section of the HTF! ;)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Congrats, Mike. Score one for our side, especially sweet for you, I'll bet; because of your continued coupon attempts with them.

Now, here's a coicidence, MY son had an orthodontist appointment today, too (at 3:30). Who's your doc? My son's is Moran.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was that YOU sitting across the waiting room from me?!?!?!?!

Only kidding. My kid's orthodontist is Kabinoff at the corner of Fuller and Western. Probably not too far from you. This is getting weird. Was it last year when we found out we were both at the same Babe Ruth baseball field one day?

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
LOL...and guess what? My kid's ortho doc is in Executive Park behind Stuyvesant Plaza, a stones throw from Western and Fuller...Albany's a small town isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks