What's new

Indy DVD's on 10/21, any deals 2 be found? (1 Viewer)

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
I am disgusted with Best Buy. When I saw all the people here having trouble price matching, I thought to myself, I can't believe it, I never have trouble price matching at BB.

I turned my friend on to the Eckerds ad and he left work early, yesterday to go to BB. He had no trouble. I figured I would have no trouble either. I got there about an hour and a half later. To my surprise they gave me the same story about it not being the same. However, the cashier was totally clueless and said, "They were the only ones to have four disks, Trilogies only have three." I thought, you have got to be kidding. I tried to explain about thier "exclusive 5th disk" but that went right over her head.

Anyway I left it on the counter and went across the street to CC, where I had no problem with a PM. CC will get all my DVD business from now on, I don't care what exclusive bonuses BB has. The point here is with the amount of competition in the electronics business it makes no sense to be so trivial. I wrote a letter to BB to this effect. They won't be the first multi-million dollar electronics store to go belly up in my area. The Wiz, Topps, Crazy Eddie, Druckers, etc... Keep your customers happy and they will come back. I have more than 10 stores where I can buy DVD's within a 2 mile radius. Are they Stupid?

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I happened to be in BB tonight on an unrelated matter (rebate issue). While at customer service for nearly 45 minutes, I was about 15 feet from the IJ Trilogy display. During the time I was there, I saw a couple of people look at the display, but didn't see anyone buy any. They were priced at $44.95. I was able to score one from Walmart in East Greenbush, NY for $34.82 so I can see why they wern't getting much action.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I was told at the Wal-Mart that I scored Indy at, that they lower the price for everyone once the first price match of the day comes in. What a nice contrast to the blue shirted store whose name I will no longer say.:angry:

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Scooter,

The BB I had trouble with was in Bridgewater.

"BTW..The Wiz..is no more."

My point exactly. In a competitive market like ours, customer service is all the more important.

Adam.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
i really wish i had an eckerds around here but the closest one is 50 miles away in another state.:angry:

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I have a funny story for you guys.

Yesterday, when I posted asking about the Star Trek DS9 set at Media Play, I couldn't find my ad. I didn't think anything about it because my dog and cats chew on the paper quite often and my fiancee will throw it out.

Well to my surprise, she comes home maybe an hour after getting Pat's response with the set in hand, stating that "Price matching can take so darn long at Wal Mart". I didn't know what to say, so I told her all about how it was a printing error on Media Plays part, all while laughing, and that I couldn't believe she got it. That's when she told me the CSM actually couldn't believe the price difference and was going to show the manager, but was going to give it to her, and walked off with the set and flyer in hand. After about 10 minutes she came back and said that she couldn't believe that deal, that she was going to pick one up herself. While making small talk, the CSM also stated that her boss couldn't believe the difference, so they called Media Play and confimed the deal.

So I don't know if they just got a young worker on the other end, who just looked at the in store ad and said yup. Either way I scored a Star Trek DS9 for 19.99 - which may be my deal of the year.

Rob

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Oops, just noticed I meant to put my previous post in the weekly round up thread, but glad someone read it:b

Rob

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Hey, could anyone tell me how long the sale runs at Eckerd's? Need to know how much time I have to do some price matching.
One thing I figured could help me out is going to the store, be it BB or WM, after Eckerd's closes so they can't call. I have 3 somewhat near my area, so hopefully I'd get somebody who hadn't talked to all 3 stores.
My local K-Mart and Wal-Mart have the worst prices! State College WM store $2 cheaper than Lewistown though.

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
For those who haven't picked up the new release... Walmart in Milpitas, CA is selling them for $35.96 (Walmart in San Jose, CA has them for $41.95... they couldn't explain why there was a pricing difference)

For those of you in South Florida still looking for a good deal on Indy, I've got one for you:

As of this morning, the Super Wal-Mart in Coral Springs has it priced at $34.24 - no price matching required! They've got them locked in a case (a personal pet peeve), but it's well worth tracking down an employee for that price!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Man, the two Wal-Marts I've checked out are selling them for $44 something and $46 something :frowning:

Almost $50 at K-Mart!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As of this morning, the Super Wal-Mart in Coral Springs has it priced at $34.24 - no price matching required! They've got them locked in a case (a personal pet peeve), but it's well worth tracking down an employee for that price!
At 8:30 last night, I got it for $32.99 (with the coupon) at the Lantana Costco.

It was the LAST COPY IN THE STORE!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks