What's new

Inductive Dimmer (1 Viewer)

Chris Burcik

Auditioning
I have two strands of cable lighting that I am putting in my HT....

I want to dim them with X10 or something similar. The instructions for the light kit state to us an inductive dimmer. I did find one wall switch but I need two lamp modules to plug into the wall.

Any help appreciated.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hi Chris

I used a x10 wall plate and I have even thought about buying their 8 in 1 universal remote. I think it's on sale now for $30 with a lamp module and an appliance module.They do sell lamp modules seprately.

I am really not sure what inductive dimmer means.

Did you visit their site?

Hope this helps

Ed O'Neill

Chris Burcik

Auditioning
Hope this might help someone else also.....

After a lot of browsing and research, you are only supposed to use an inductive dimmer with a magnetic transformer. You can use a standard dimmer with an electronic transformer.

I found conflicting accounts of what would happen when using a standard dimmer with a magnetic transformer. A few sources said it would work fine, others said it would damage the transformer or possibly be a fire hazard.

Bottom line.....I ordered two electronic transformers for the cable lamp kits so that they can be dimmed with the standard X10 Lamp Modules.

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks