What's new

Indoor HD antenna (1 Viewer)

LarryAlan

Auditioning
I have a new Mitsubishi DLP television and it is hooked up to digital cable box. I would like to be able to get some HD channels that are broadcast on air and use this input to get PIP use. The salesperson at the Big Screen Store where I purchased the television recommended a Radio Shack antenna which he said has gotten rave reviews and cost only 15.00. Anyone have any suggestions, or know about this antenna?

Thanks for any help.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Larry,

First, go to www.antennaweb.org and look for what stations you can get and what color antenna you need. The salesman IMO is leading you down the right path, and I would return to him for purchases in the future. He could have easily led you to the Terk garbage that they probably sell in the store.

As far as indoor set-top antennas go the folks in the HDTV Hardware forum over on AVS love the Zenith "Silver Sensor". Lots of people having lots of success with low budget Radio Shack antennas also. If you can put an antenna in your attic or on top of your house fairly easily I recommend the Channel Master CM4221A, which I've had great success with. You need a UHF antenna, not VHS, that should save you money and make things easier.

LarryAlan

Auditioning
Phillip,

Thanks for your reply. I guess after spending about 3700.00 for the set, it's difficult to go wrong for 14.99.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I use the Radio Shack Double bowtie antenna (coupled with a small signal booster) for my HDTV OTA reception.

DavidRM

Auditioning
I have the wd52525 and have tried multiple antennas because I work at an AV store. The Terk TV55 gives the best results for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks