What's new

Indoor FM-antennas not ugly and works? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
We live out in the boonies as they would say. The closest radio station tower worth listening to is 40+ miles. All others are as far or further and we live in a low area to boot.

Looking for peoples ideas (with real use) on indoor antennas that are not butt ugly and works decent. I know that outdoor would be the way to go but for reasons beyond my control, yes dear, NO antennas on the house anywhere. Has to be indoor which really bites as a outdoor unit would be the way to go.

The best I've found so far is the Terk FM-Q with gamma loop and pin dot tuning. -20db to 44+ gain and can be tuned to the stations freq your trying to pull in. Other techi stuff in side it, but can't remember what it is. Their a little pricey but can be found for 40.00 if you look hard enough. MSRP-79.99

This thing works the best of anything I have used yet and dose not amplifiy noise like so many others using + gain. Now after 5 years of "non stop use", mine has took a puke. Before replacing it, I'd thought I ask and see what others have found that works indoors and ain't butt ass ugly...

Budget 100.00, or much less preferably

Regards
Geoff

Tim Streagle

Stunt Coordinator
Let me know what you find out. I'm in the same boat and most of what's available is junk. I've found nothing that works any better than anything else. Outdoor is not an option either, lightning strikes everywhere here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks