What's new

Indoor Fm Antenna (1 Viewer)

AllanP

Agent
Hello again. Can anyone advise of a manufacturer of a really good indoor FM antenna to connect to my Marantz AV receiver? I was looking at Terk, wondering if that is the best or there is better? Please provide a manufacturer and model in your reply, if possible. Thank you!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
antennas can only help so much. if your in a fringe neighborhood, you're gonna be stuck.

me, i use the terk fm+ - the thing cost 12 bucks and pulls in every station i want.

but i've lived in places where, even when i used an amplified antenna, i couldn't get certain stations.

definitely give the terk antenna a try...if it doesn't work you can always return it.

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
I am using my TV antenna (large channel master) and it pulls in every channel clearly. I know on amusicdirect website they have some around $100 that are supposed to be pretty good but I can't think of the brand off the top of my head.

AllanP

Agent
Hi:

Thank you for your replies. Right now, I have a small FM-specific roof mounted antenna with the coaxial cable coming straight down to the back of my equipment (via a stop at the Monster HTSP7000 signature series power center first). However, I am concerned that even with this protection, a good wack of a lightning bolt or static electricity may "fry" the HTPS7000 or at least give it a run for its money. I have been told to connect the coaxial cable to a "grounding block" and then continue with my connections, however, it is not possible for me to do this - so, I was thinking to just abort the whole rooftop antenna idea and go with an indoor antenna, to alleviate at least one potential source of surge, spike, etc. Then I can worry more about getting the same treatment from the cable company cable or the power company when the voltage dips and spikes, etc. etc. It's interesting - in the instruction manual for the HTPS7000 is states to immediately unplug the power cord and connections (cable, etc.) during an electrical storm, to protect the unit. Didn't I just spend $ 1600 for THIS unit to protect ME? Seems odd! I know there'll be times when I will not be around to do this when a storm hits - just have to hope the unit doesn't take a bad hit and have to be replaced. I don't know what else to do at this point - the cable service comes into the house, into the HTPS7000, then into the converter box and then to the A/V receiver and out to the TV. What else can I do? As for the electric service, it is unpredictable at best, there are dips and surges even in the finest weather. I'm hoping the HTPS7000 will handle these and during really bad weather (electrical storm) - I'll have to do my best if I'm home, if not, hope it holds up! Any comments regarding the foregoing are certainly welcome. Thanks!!!

Kenneth M

Auditioning
This may or may not be of any help, depending on where you
live and what type of cable service you have.
I run a splitter off of the tv cable coming into the house
right into the FM coax on the back of my Marantz and get
my FM stations that way. A much stronger signal than any
indoor ant. that I have tried.
The only catch is that the freq. may differ on some stations. I preset and name them anyway so I don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks