1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Antennas? (non-HD)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tim Holyoke, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

I'm going to school only a couple days a week, working the rest of the time, and have an apartment at school for those couple days each week. I don't want to spend the $$$ for cable, but with my regular rabbit ears, I don't get real good reception. Get a few channels, but no FOX or NBC.

I'll spend a little money if needed...are there any good indoor antennas that would be worth it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tim

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Tim, the Zenith Silver Sensor gets great reviews. Also, Radio Shack has an amplified double bow-tie type that's pretty good.

3. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

The Silver Sensor works good for non-HDTV too? How much is it? Just found at Zenith dealers? Thanks.

4. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

Picked up a Silver Sensor at Sears today for non-HDTV use...WOW! This thing's amazing, better picture than the roof mounted antenna I used to have at home. I wish they made one for VHF [​IMG] . Only problem I have now is I didn't get a combiner thingy...what exactly do I want? I need to use by rabbit ears yet for VHF, so I need to combine the coaxials from each antenna to plug into the TV. Thanks for the suggestion, don't waste your time with amplification.

Tim