What's new

Indoor antenna anyone? (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Does anyone have a picture of the Radio Shack UHF double bowtie antenna? Can anyone tell me how big this antenna is? I leave in a small apartment in San Francisco, and I am wondering if it takes too much room. A picture of the antenna would be fine if someone could post it here. Thanks.
Sincerely,
orestes.
P.S. I am getting the Tosh DST3000 for my Tosh TW40X81.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have a picture of the Radio Shack UHF double bowtie antenna? Can anyone tell me how big this antenna is?
orestes,
Check out AllenD's post about 4 above your own. As far as it's size, I don't have mine near me to measure but I believe it is between 1 and 1.5 feet square. I'll measure it when I get home. So, it's not very big but you'll probably have people asking you what it is.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Thank, Jeff. I just printed the web page from radio shack and as soon as i get my tosh dst3000, I will get me one of those to see if I can watch some HDTV. I really doubt that I will be able to, for I do have a clear view around my building, but I don't think it will hurt me financially if I buy it.
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
orestes.

Mike Pinkerton

Auditioning
For those in the SF area (i'm in MtnView), does the antenna have to be in a direct line of sight, or can it be, say, hidden away in my attic? How much do you need to adjust the antenna for different stations?
thanks
--Mike

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i just tried the double-bow-tie $17 indoor antenna - and all i can get is NBC (i only live 10-15 miles from the stations here in atlanta and nbc isn't even the closest)!

anyway, if i buy the $40 amplified antenna, am i likely to have any improvement or does the double-bow-tie give me as much as i'm going to get from an indoor antenna? The double bow tie wasn't going to do anyway because i found out that there is a VHF digital channel here now.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Sean - is the antenna you mentioned the Radio Shack one (the one pictured in AllenD's post)? If so, I would love to purchase it from you. I can not find a single RatShack in SE Mich that has them in stock! They don't know if they will be receiving any more either :frowning:
BTW, you may want to give the amplified antenna a try. Just keep the receipt, makes the potential return much easier!

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
dennis - actually i'm keeping mine around for a while in case the powered one doesn't work better (going to put the bowtie in the attic at that point to see if there are better results).

if that doesn't work, it's yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks