Individual Health Insurance Coverage

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Oct 14, 2002.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    My girlfriend is a part-time student and she works part-time so she doesn't have access to health insurance through her employer. Does anyone know of a legitimate Iinsurance provider for individuals? Can anyone recommend one?

I would like to have major medical, annual visits, and dental if it is offered.

2. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I have my family healthcare through blue cross/blue shield. Since I'm a consultant, I needed to get my own insurance. It is expensive, but it is something you have to have. As far as dental is concerned, I wouldn't bother with it. The monthly payments that you make is not worth it. If you have to make $30/month for dental, a typical office visit/cleaning is about $60. So in the long run, it will cost you more for dental. There is usually a maximum of $1000 if you need major dental work. Just check the plan.

3. David-S

David-S Second Unit

You might want to check her school, I'm not sure about part-time students, but I know as a full-time you can usually get (fairly) budget coverage...

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I second david. I'm int he same boat and could get coverage for like 450/semester. Do I? no hehe [​IMG]