What's new

"Indiscreet" thoughts and comments? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was flipping through a new issue of Sound and Vision magazine and I saw a listing that Indiscreet from Stanley Donen starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman was available now on DVD!

This was a film I'd been waiting for for a long time. So I am surprised I missed it's release. I see from past threads in doing a search that the disc was okay, particularly Bob Harris's comments about the sound.

It is listed as an Artisen film and I know that many feel they don't always do the best discs.

I was curious if it is that bad? The magazine said it was the best it's ever looked. Any word of a Criterion or other studio reissue of it? I'm also curious of any other newer comments on Operation Pettycoat and Father Goose.

Thanks, Happy Holidays!

Nelson

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I picked it up used today, I'll post my comments after watching it in the next day or two, but this disc has the funniest special features list I have ever seen. It actually lists "digitally mastered" as a "special feature" on a DVD. Not digtially re-mastered, just digitally mastered. This may be noteworthy for a VHS release, but it is physically impossible to release anything on a DVD without it being mastered digitally. :)
Complete special features list:
Letterboxed Version
English 2.0 Dolby Digital Audio
Digitally Mastered
Scene Access
Interactive Menus
The sum total of these special features is that the film is presented in non-anamorphic widescreen in DD2.0 mono with a menu that features scene access but no other options.
The funniest thing is they have a little asterisked footnote for the special features that reminds us that "Special features are not rated". There are some types of features that are so special you just can't rate them. I hope the interactive menus with scene access will not feature graphic violence or sex. But if they do, I have been warned. :)
Oh well, at least it's letterboxed.
Regards,

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It's a decent transfer in OAR. I'd say a definite buy for anyone who likes the film, at least until the criterion comes out :) *
* There is no criterion of this coming out, just wishful thinking on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks