What's new

International Indicator October 2018 Releases (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
094_WILLIAM_CASTLE_VOL_ONE_packshot_1000px_transp.png

WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE
THE TINGLER (1959)
13 GHOSTS (1960)
HOMICIDAL (1961)
MR SARDONICUS (1961)
Release date: 22 October 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK Blu-ray premieres)
Renowned for his imaginative and eccentric marketing ploys, William Castle became synonymous with delivering lurid horror films backed-up by his trademark publicity gimmicks (‘Illusion-O’, ‘Percepto’, the ‘Punishment Poll’, ‘Fright Breaks’, etc.). WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE features four classic fright films from the outrageous showman’s illustrious career with Columbia Pictures and presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including Jeffrey Schwartz’s acclaimed feature-length documentary Spine Tingler! The William Castle Story, newly filmed introductions and appreciations...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to the Castle box set. I'm more a minor fan than a major fan of Curse/Night Of The Demon but I'll definitely be upgrading to blu.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I'm not blown away only because all these will be older masters - none of them have been restored by Grover Crisp, hence Twilight Time can't and wouldn't release them.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm not blown away only because all these will be older masters - none of them have been restored by Grover Crisp, hence Twilight Time can't and wouldn't release them.

With all due respect to Mr. Crisp, who is doing phenomenal work with his restoration efforts at Sony, even if he worked 24/7 365 days a year, he can't restore everything and i'm sure Sony/he have priorities as to what needs immediate attention. Somehow I don't think William Castle's B movie output ranks with, say, restoring Columbia classics like Golden Boy, Here Comes Mr. Jordan, You Were Never Lovelier, A Song To Remember, Death Of A Salesman, The Long Gray Line, Pepe, The Victors, Lord Jim, Taming Of The Shrew etc. Just working on the Sony Budd Boetticher catalog would takes years I suspect. When/if Crisp gets around to the Castle films and Curse/Night Of The Demon, an upgrade would be welcome (but I'm keeping those Indicator extras). But how long will we have to wait for Crisp's restorations? Six months? A year? 2 years? 5 years? Meanwhile these films are being made available in HD here and now. .

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I understand that, but I have seen some of these Columbia older masters and while I'm glad you're happy with them, I find them subpar in a lot of instances, Mickey One being one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks