Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I'm suprised there hasn't been salivating over the upcoming Indiana Jones game. If it retains the rewarding control scheme as Buffy (they use the same engine), I think it looks like a grandslam.
    Movies:
    Lo-resolution asf
    Hi-resolution asf
    ...Although great sales for Indy will be somewhat bittersweet after the low sales of Buffy.
    -Dave

2. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

Some of us are still trying to forget the last Indy game--Infernal Machine was an apt title in so many ways [​IMG]

3. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

I personally enjoyed the Infernal Machine. I'll give the new game at least a rent. :b

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I'll be interested if it does not play like Buffy. I'm simply not into fighting games, and I'd rather see Indy in a game that has very little hand-to-hand combat. But that's just me. A good Indy game is long overdue! I've always said that it should be the best movie to game license ever. But it hasn't happened yet.

5. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

I'm a big fan of the following Indy games:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Atari 2600
    The Temple of Doom: Arcade
    The Last Crusade: PC
    Fate of Atlantis: PC
    Greatest Adventures: SNES

The rest, though, are pretty blah.

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Dan, you'll probably be disappointed. The videos show hand-to-hand combat almost exactly like Buffy. That's what that engine excels at, so it is logical to think that they will exploit that strength.

-Dave

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I really miss the SCUMM powered games...FoA was such a brillant title. I also highly enjoyed Infernal Machine on the PC. But everyone has a different opinion and i can see why the media panned it.

8. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Personally I'd love to see an Indy game in the style of Metroid Prime. Big emphasis on exploration rather than brawling. Like Rick I'll be giving it a rent first.

9. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

The brawling has always been a part of indy movies and stories though. I can't imagine a game without it. I've looking forward to this game I just have too many others I'm playing right now to really be concerned with it.

10. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I really want this game to be good, but given LucasArt's track record, I'm not getting my hopes up.

11. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

It certainly looks the part, nice smooth character animation too with some pretty large looking levels. I like the way the cover art is nice and consistent with the film artwork;
    [​IMG]
    UK PAL Cover
    Dan

12. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

13. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If it was Lucasarts it would be almost a sure bet that it would suck. Thankfully, as Andy mentioned, The Collective is at the helm. [​IMG]
    -Dave

14. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I also like the cover art, but mostly because it has a pair of badass Bf109s!

15. SJ

SJ Auditioning

I'm looking forward to this game as I'm a big Indiana Jones fan. Too bad it does not support XBOX Live as my gametag is "Indiana Jones" [​IMG] SJ

16. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand how LucasArts=suck. Yes, it has made some tripe in recent years (Star Wars: Demolition perhaps being the most egregious example,) but the company has a long history of putting out very high-quality games. What about Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, the Monkey Island series, the X-Wing franchise, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight, Grim Fandango, etc., etc. ?

Even the company's most recent games, while perhaps not stellar, haven't been exactly shoddy, either. I'm really enjoying Bounty Hunter, Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter were respectable, Escape from Monkey Island was sadly ignored, Galactic Battlegrounds solid if derivative.

I'm pretty sure LucasArts' track record is no worse than most other game companies. I'd argue it's better than most.

17. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Indy is coming along quite nice. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. The Collective did such a great job with the Buffy franchise, that I have all the confidence in the world that they will make antother stellar game with the Indy franchise.

-Dean-