What's new

UHD Indiana Jones UHD Blu Ray in 2020? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If these are released in 4K I wonder if the opening titles on Indy 3 are still shimmery? I have no recollection when I saw it in theaters of how those opening credit words looked, so maybe it’s intentional?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
If these are released in 4K I wonder if the opening titles on Indy 3 are still shimmery? I have no recollection when I saw it in theaters of how those opening credit words looked, so maybe it’s intentional?
They always looked weird on video until the blu-ray, but I didn't find them shimmery on the disc. At any rate, I saw this in 35mm a few months ago and there's no shimmer in the credits.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They always looked weird on video until the blu-ray, but I didn't find them shimmery on the disc. At any rate, I saw this in 35mm a few months ago and there's no shimmer in the credits.
Thanks for confirming the film print's opening credits are solid! I admit I haven't watched the blu-ray in years, and not since I have moved all my TVs to 4K UHD, so it's probably time for a revisit. I do recall they looked better than the DVD version (which were a shimmery mess). I thought I saw a little shimmer, but that might have been my PTSD from the DVD version coloring the way I viewed the BD version.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As with Star Wars, i only want the original trilogy on UHD.
Same, but at this point, if it's a high quality product at a reasonable price, I'd deal with a 4-pack and the other one will just never leave the case. It's a much higher hit-miss ratio than the other series. :D

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I watched the ROTLA blu-ray over the weekend for the first time since I did some upgrades, Panasonic UB420 upscaling to 4k into a Benq HT3550 and that disc still looks darn good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Indiana Jones coming to 4k UHD June 14, 2021 according to a newly leaked report. Take this as a rumor.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I bought these on iTunes this summer. Looking forward to my auto upgrade to 4k next summer!!!

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I’ve had these on almost every format since they came out for home release. I remember buying the VHS collection at McDonalds when there was a promotion for the Young Indiana Jones series on TV. I’ll be in line for the 4k release. I was underwhelmed with part 4 but it’s not that bad. I just remember feeling a little betrayed since we were told the CGI would be kept to a minimum when it was being filmed...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I never cared for the color timing of the 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' BD.
Hope a new 4K transfer is as beautiful as I hope it to be.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I’ve had these on almost every format since they came out for home release. I remember buying the VHS collection at McDonalds when there was a promotion for the Young Indiana Jones series on TV. I’ll be in line for the 4k release. I was underwhelmed with part 4 but it’s not that bad. I just remember feeling a little betrayed since we were told the CGI would be kept to a minimum when it was being filmed...
Wow, a blast from the past. I totally forgot about buying the Raiders films at McDonald's back in 1991.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It seems, according to more information I am reading, Paramount has indeed set 6/14 as the release date for Indiana Jones on 4k

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks