Indiana Jones Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam N, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Adam N

Adam N Agent

OK Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. [​IMG] I keep seeing this Japanese laserdisc box of the Indiana Jones flicks. I KNOW my ld's are pro-logic, but did someone do something different for the release in Japan of the box set (specifically making an AC-3 mix for the audio)
    I've got money riding on the fact that it's the exact same audio mix as the rest of us already have. If you can shed some light on this situation, let me know!
    Thanks,
    Adam[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I know it's not a DD 5.1 remix, but I can't tell you for certain that it's the exact same matrixed 2-channel mix that's on the U.S. LDs.

M.

3. Mike_S

Mike_S Stunt Coordinator

I can assure you that the Pro-Logic or 2 channel surround or whatever it is, is absolutely first rate(!)on all three LD's of the series. Among the best I've heard in any medium.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Adam, all 3 films were offered for preorder in the U.S. back in '97, WS & AC-3. They were to release in either Jan. or Feb. of '98, can't remember exact dates. I had all 3 LD's preordered. They were cancelled. Merde! That's as close as they came.... I think's you win. Best wishes!

5. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Just a note for Indy fans... as I'm waiting for the DVD set too.. that ABC is showing Raiders in High-def on Sunday night and Temple of Doom in High-deg on Monday night. This has probably been mentioned before...

Miles

6. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Chances are rather remote... But this weekends ABC High Def Indy Jones's showing could be 5.1 with new transfers...

Don't bet the farm though.

7. Adam N

Adam N Agent

GREAT! Thanks for the responses. Please keep me posted. I don't have either an HDTV or a dish that is capable of receiving it. (Which SUCKS!) Thanks again!
    Adam[​IMG]

8. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

I know that there are Dolby Digital (at least) theatrical prints of Raiders out there, as one played here in Austin about 6 months ago at the Alamo Drafthouse.

Sound was good, but since the Drafthouse is not really the finest place to view films or judge their overall sound quality, I have no idea exactly how good the mix really is.

Suffice it to say at least Raiders has been remixed into DD, and there is no reason why any hi-def presentation would not have full 5.1 sound.