What's new

Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD 2002. (1 Viewer)

CoreyII

Second Unit
Hey I was at my local Tower Video Store this past Thursday and I saw sign stating that the Indy trilogy will be available in 2002.
Does anyone else know about this info, is it just speculation, some kind rumor thats about to be squashed by Lucasfilm or can I really expect that other "Holy Trilogy" to be released on DVD.
I assume since Tower posted it at their store than its probably going to happen.
I hope its not another VHS rerelease and I just read the advertising wrong.
If this is old news and Im just now finding out please let me know. Thank You.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely recheck the poster. If the DVD logo or the words to the effect "Coming to DVD..." are missing, than it is probably a VHS rerelease. Which, if it is a VHS release, shows just how out of tune LucasFilm is.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

DanR

Supporting Actor
Well, even if it is coming in 2002, this sign at Tower Records is not proof. There are no official details.
If you know the history, and put together the pieces from all of the comments by Paramount, Ron Epstein, etc, and cross reference these with Paramount's rumored slate next year, then you can see that the odds of the Indiana Jones trilogy coming in 2002 are slim to none.
To answer your question. No, you didn't miss any announcement or anything else related to Indy Jones. Yep, we're still holding our d*cks in our hands thanks to Lucasfilm and Paramount.
Regards,
Dan
[Edited last by DanR on October 06, 2001 at 08:06 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just called the local Tower Records. The person I talked to was absolutely certain that there are no posters at that location for Indiana Jones movies on DVD. She recalled something like that for the VHS release "about a year ago", in the location she was in at in another town, so perhaps that's simply still up at this location you visited.
Oh, well...so much for getting my hopes up! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Anyone could post a sign stating, "Coming soon,"
so long as they don't define the word "soon."
"Soon" could mean "tomorrow," or "2007."
wink.gif

Mark

CoreyII

Second Unit
Hey everybody thanks for the information. When I saw the advertisement I didn't want to get my hopes up too high, thats why I decided to come to the soruce, The HTF Gang.
I figure if you guys say its legit than its legit,anyway Im not disappointed, I kind of had a feeling what the response to my question was going to be. Once again thank you for the information.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Phew!
I want Indiana Jones on DVD like everyone else, but I bought the Widescreen tapes when they came out, and I wanted to get a little more use out of them before the discs showed up.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
"Soon" could mean "tomorrow," or "2007."
or the more ambiguous "not yet...nope, still not yet..." if you are the Back to the Future trilogy
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Peter Yee

Premium
At the National HTF meet a couple of weeks back, Martin Blythe of Paramount said that some small movement had been made on the Indiana Jones movies, but not to expect them anytime soon.
Your value of soon may vary. :)
-Peter

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I'm a bit slow here, but I don't understand why these are taking so long to come out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks