What's new

INDIANA JONES Trilogy Japanese LD Box-Any Good? (1 Viewer)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to upgrade my wretched VHS widescreen tapes of the INDIANA JONES Trilogy to laserdisc and I noticed that there is a Japanese boxset on eBay. It has a making of Raiders documentary and another documentary. Does anyone know how the quality of the transfers of the films are in this set? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Ironically, I picked this box up when I was visiting Philadelphia, Larry. I have to dig it up but I do remember the video being better than the American release. If subtitles bother you in black bottom letterbox, then this is not for you. I will check again though.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Michael! I have a widescreen set so I probably won't see the subtitles down the bottom anyway. The price is a little steep but I just may have to bid on this one.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
This set is EXCELLENT.

Color and transfer is BETTER than the domestic disc's.

This set also includes the CBS special "Making of Raiders" and a PBS special on "Last Crusade".

Subtitles are burned in but appear in the bottom black bars.

Dugger

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Chris. Now I have to decide whether I want to put another 200 bucks on my credit card.;)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I haven't seen it in years, but when I was a kid, I loved the Raiders documentary as much as the film. It's one of my earliest memories of the "magic of the movies."

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Larry,
If you don't want the box set you might be able to find the individual discs for sale. That's how I got mine. Might tide you over till the DVD's come out without paying a arm and a leg for this set. Do a search at Jeff's used LD finderhttp://www.rtr.com/~jeff/
Good luck
Jim

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up, I bought it.
Mark,
Thanks for making my decision easier!;)
Jim,
Thanks for that link. I'm going to try to find either the three films in a group or individually. From the look of what I've found thus far I think I'll be able to get all three for a pretty good price.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Jim,

Thanks for the link. Lasertown was the very first mail order outfit that I ordered lasers from(ED WOOD was one of the titles I got from them), I'm glad to see they're still in business. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks