What's new

Indiana Jones in NYC (1 Viewer)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I broke down and bought the Indiana Jones box set today. For 60 bucks after tax it was hard to resist. The box itself is wonderfully made. The transfer is fantastic and I have not seen the extras yet. But I like this set a lot. Actully Raiders picture looks a little light. Now...

WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME?????

StevenFC

Second Unit
And just how, pray tell, did you manage to do that when it's not due out for another ten days??:frowning:

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
From what I've read (and remember from living there), many smaller shops put stuff out as soon as they get it in NYC.

Hell, I shop at a specialty DVD shop here that routinely puts out DVD's as soon as they get 'em. Sometimes I don't mind paying a little extra to have it early for a certain weekend, and in some cases it's the same price as if I went to Best Buy or the like. For instance, I already got Sopranos Season 4 since their price was $74.99, and I know at best Best Buy will probably only go to $75 on sale since their regular pre-order price is $80, and the other seasons have been marked up to $85. I also got my DS9 set there for $10 less than BB. Plus I like supporting the smaller shops that are getting trampled on by the big box loss leaders...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Until street date we'd appreciate folks not
posting violaters here.

This is for YOUR benefit, actually.

Thanks

D

DAN NEIR

I saw it today for 55 but decided to wait until it comes out officially so I can get it on sale at Best Buy, another 10 days isn't going to kill me. Looked good though.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, I can wait a bit too after this long already. Typical low advertised price is $40 around here...hope it's the same as the U.S. version.

Dave-Q-H

Agent
I don't want to touch you - I got the set on Thursday and saw Temple of Doom in 70mm last night. ;)

Last Crusade in 70mm is in 2 weeks! :D

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
To CraigF. I'm in Guelph, Ontario actually, and was wondering where you saw the set advertised for $40. The cheapest advertised price I've seen it for is $60. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks