What's new

Indiana Jones in Dolby Digital EX (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Very interesting ad in the Orlando paper today. A local theater is advertising the 'Indiana Jones' Trilogy to start playing next week in Dolby Digital EX. It will play for one week only. They list all three titles but I don't know if it will be a triple feature or if they'll devote three separate screens to them.
I also find the EX mention curious. This is a lesser known theater which might be trying to pull some people down their way to see the renovations (I think it was renovated lately but may be wrong) and know that saying digital EX will draw in geeks like me. Or they may have no good idea what EX really is.
I'm also skeptical about the EX mention since I was scammed two years ago by the Universal theater advertising "Halloween" as a midnight show during Halloween Horror nights and when I got down there it was crappy H20. But the Indy ad was very specific.
I only mention the EX thing because if true it might spark some interesting debate concerning future releases at the theater (maybe this is a test to see how well it'd do wide) or on DVD.
Regardless of its sound format Indy on the big screen again (when I'm old enough to appreciate it) is enough to get my butt in a seat. :D

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"This is a lesser known theater which might be trying to pull some people down their way to see the renovations (I think it was renovated lately but may be wrong) and know that saying digital EX will draw in geeks like me. Or they may have no good idea what EX really is."
That sounds about right to me. I have not heard anything about new 35mm Indiana Jones prints with Dolby Digital soundtracks. The newspaper ad may have been in error, and may just be revival prints.
It's just like every newspaper ad here which has an asterik next to the theater location, which promises "digital sound" with EVERY film. The promise of digital sound sells a few extra tickets.
I know that there were 70mm revival prints at the Seattle Cinerama back in 2000, and one user (Steve Enemark I believe) commented that "Temple of Doom" and "The Last Crusade" were "new" 70mm prints, while "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was an older 70mm print.
But hey, when in doubt, consult film-tech.com. :)
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks