What's new

Indiana Jones DVD Boxset - October 2003 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, sourced from the PAL discs which have been out for almost a month, but discussion of bootlegging is not allowed here, so I'm stopping now

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Damnit! I HATE Temple and so if i have to get the set for the extras, Ill do it but ill sure bitch up a storm, and the temple disc will stay in its case
There are only two Indy films to me ;)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Let's hope it isn't PLAGUED with edge enhancement and that the video bitrate isn't starved by a bunch of dubious extras.

Remember. It's the movie that matters, not the extras.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the link, but one of the Indy Jones sites says that Lucasfilm has stated to the effect that there has been no official announcement anywhere.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The European affiliates are known for their loose tongues. Oftentimes somethign gets out MONTHS ahead because one of them blabs it

It would give with the other rumblings I've been hearing

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is the link
http://www.theraider.net/newsarchive...php#0409090201
Official Indiana Jones DVD release announced?
Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - Gilles V
Here's the original Indy DVD news message posted on Monday, Sept. 9:
DVDRAMA has reported today that the Indiana Jones DVD's have been officially announced at the Deauville film Festivals. Paramount Pictures has shared some news about their DVD releases for 2003 at the festivals and the Indiana Jones DVD's have been mentioned... the worldwide release date is October 2003!
A reliable visitor has contacted Lucasfilm after reading this news message and received a response. Lucasfilm explained that there was a similar announcement at the Deaville film Festivals a year ago. The only difference was that the release was supposed to be 2002. Lucasfilm also said that there are still no specific plans on an Indiana Jones DVD release, and there has been no official announcement at this year's Deauville film Festivals.
Nothing has changed and we still don't know when the Indiana Jones Trilogy DVDs will be released or what they will have as specials. Every Indy DVD news you have heard so far are most likely false. And no, those Indy DVDs that are for sale at eBay.com and other online auctions are bootlegged, bad quality, DVDs... in other words: illegal!

Mark Hanson

Agent
And I thought the revisionist rumors where Howard was going to replace Jar Jar and Lea Thompson was going to do selected Ford scenes from Indy to add more spice. Till I see the changes these might be just as good an option.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Willem, you're forgetting that Lucasfilm doesn't announce anything till they're ready to. So until then they will act like it doesn't exist

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I certainly hope they don't replace all the guns with walkie-talkies! :D
As for Temple of Doom, that's my second favourite! I love cranking up the sound of the Bug Room scene! My widescreen Laserdisc edition may only have 2 channel Dolby Surround on it, but it's an UNCOMPRESSED PCM track!

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Yes, TEMPLE of doom is definately the most over the top, but as a child it was my favorite. Now it's Raiders, but of course I would buy all of them no questions asked. Just seeing these in OAR and 5.1..... wow. Someday it will happen. Right now, I'll be awaiting Ep2 FOTR EE, and BTTF.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
have been officially announced at the Deauville film Festivals. said:
It's not just a rumor then, it's a lie. You can't have an official announcement if the people making it deny making it.
Maybe if DVDRAMA had reported that it had a "good source" or something, we could think of this as a slip that Lucasfilm was covering. But DVDRAMA reports something that is clearly not true, an "official" announcement.
Thus a lie, not even worthy of rumor status now.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Temple of Doom is the weakest, yes! But then again, it is no different from The Mummy (Rachel Weisz version) in its campiness. The other 2 Indy films are much better done.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
October 2003 seems so far away though.....
Especially when we haven't even reached freakin' October 2002 yet!!
Aargh I hate this slow 24hr a day speed rate, they should make days 12 hours long, than we'll get to the Indy dvds in half the time, than October 2003 will arrive in what used to be April 2003 and... oh forget it.

My favorite Indy is Harrison Ford, I think he portrayed him best, I hear rumors that in the new one 'Indiana Jones and the Big Fat Greek Wedding" Ford has been completely CGI'd, and even his stunt double is now all CGI. PIXAR are co-producing.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Star Wars producer said that they [Lucasfilm] want to release the films but Paramount are messing around and he's non too happy about it.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Star Wars producer said that they [Lucasfilm] want to release the films but Paramount are messing around and he's non too happy about it.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit

That wasn't in the original script. Harrison had the runs and improvised the scene. I wonder if "Han" improvised, too.

No more revisions!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Attention

You guys may wish to know that all of this
is rumor.
While there may have been some announcement
made for whatever reason, Paramount is totally
unaware of the schedule that is being set forth.
In other words, someone made an announcement
that was not done with the consent of the folks
at Paramount, because from what I understand from
someone that has just spoken to the man who would
know, this release information came out of nowhere
and the studio is looking for the source.
Someone is hawking information that was never
coordinated with Paramount Home Video.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks for the clarification/update Ron.

And there you have it. Never trust info except from the horse's mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks