What's new

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull up for pre-order (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
But it does have a list price and a sale price.

I'm guessing it will be a day and date.

Doug

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
The Japanese release was mentioned just a couple days ago so I expect a US release announcement very soon.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Cool!!!

I'm debating on whether or not I want to order this, or wait for the inevitable boxed collection.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I only want one of these films on Blu, Raiders of the Lost Ark, hopefully we see that one on the same street date, and hopefully there not bundled together in a 4-disc as the only way to purchase them like with the Matrix trilogy.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
It's already #8 on the DVD chart ahead of the 2-disc DVD @ #9 and is #1 on the BD chart.

I'm wondering about the $35 price they have on the single disc DVD. I hope they aren't bunding it with the crystal skull I saw a while back.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I don't like what I am seeing here, regarding price.

I have not tracked list prices on DVD vs. BR, but obviously the actual sell prices on release Tuesday's have shown a pretty wide gap, with the BR being at times twice the price of the DVD counterpart. That sort of thing does not help move the adoption of BR by non-enthusiasts.

But with this release, both have the same list and discount price? I would rather see BR media prices come down rather than DVD media prices come up.

Brian

Edit: My mistake..the DVD is shown on Amazon as costing 0.04 cents MORE than the BR!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

That actually happens quite frequently with newly posted releases. I usually find by the time they add official cover art into the system the discount problem gets resolved. If you don't want to wait you can also contact customer service and have them update your order. I've never had a problem with getting it applied.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

That would be a real shame, I don't ever need to see this one again it was so bad. Really, the only good one and the one worth owning was the first.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I don't know if I'm going to rent it or place a pre-order. I was disappointed with this one, but I want to see it again because they jammed so such much into it. But then you have that part near the end I never want to see again. The first three films are the best in the series, and I see them on an equal footing.

I was also disappointed with The X-Files: I Want to Believe and I haven't decided what I'm doing on that one either. However, the projectionist turned the film off while the credits were still rolling, so I never got to see the ending. It was a small theater, but it would be nice to see whatever they put there for the fans (and please don't tell me what it was if you know). I also hear it's coming with a lot of extras for Blu-ray.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

That's just plain and simple crazy talk! :P

Put me down for the set, ............the one that won't come out this year! :D

As for Crystal Skull, yup weakest of the series no doubt but I enjoyed the cheesyness of it all so I'll be picking this up.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
At least Indy IV coined a new phrase to replace the old and tired "jumped the shark" - "nuked the fridge." ;)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Cool ... thanks for the official date.

I've gone ahead and preordered mine. Not my favorite Indy movie, but I still had a good time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks