Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_S_H, May 8, 2002.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    A third-person Indy game is going to be a tough sell after The Infernal Machine. The screenshots are decent, but not awe-inspiring. Personally, I wish they would go the Jedi Knight route and make a killer FPS. And, if that isn't very Indy, neither was Elite Force very Star Trek. But, it worked.
    http://www.lucasarts.com/products/indiana/

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

There's certainly potential. Fingers crossed things improve more as it nears release. I just want to run around, avoiding Nazis and crashing into chambers filled with snakes whilst John Williams' music blasts away. [​IMG]
    A 3D RPG/Adventure game based on all 3 movies would have been most welcome, like the snes game of the trilogy only with more depth and ability to explore. Imagine dodging gunfire in a fully digital version of Club Obi Wan! Damn, I've thought up a concept I really want to play now. [​IMG]
    Dan

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I loved The Infernal Machine...I don't see why people bitched about it so much.

4. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

The footage on the trailer running at IGN.com looks impressive enough. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

5. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I agree with Kelly_B, although I only played the demo, I found it to be one of the best 3rd person PC games out there. I loved it. Put's Tomb Raider (which was a rip off of Indy to begin with) to shame. Excellent quad surround sound as well as graphics. I gotta pick up the full game.

6. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I'll be picking up this title. I thought the screenshots looked much like Jedi Knight II's (in terms of detail).

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I think my anticipation of this game will depend a good deal on how Buffy turns out, since it's the same developer and same engine. If Buffy turns out as well as I hope it does, then I'll definitely be looking forward to this Indiana Jones game.